VR Optimization Guide

I've been using this optimization guide for iracing since switching to VR.
Performance and clarity in VR for this title is absolutely amazing and I only have a Lenovo explorer 1660ti!
I can only imagine how much better it must look with a high end system.

Last edited:
I just put it through it's paces and it did make a difference for me.

In iRacing I could pretty much run 120 fps on most tracks, but the Rally Cross tracks and some of the newer tracks like Charlotte have a higher render load.

Now I've got GPU to spare at 120fps on every single track I've tried.

I'm curious if the Windows and NVidia changes have any effect on Dirt Rally 2.0.

Hi guys,
new to iRacing and actually loving it once i understood how the whole stuff works...

Now, i have a top specced system with 3080 + 10900k + Reverb G2.

I've followed the guide and can run very smoothly, with very good settings and definition, especially as i'm totally fine with 60fps.

The one thing i can't get rid of if some very noticeable shimmering on some guardrails and especially track lines, and those bothers me. I've tried everything, including Nvidia transparency setting set to off, multisample, 2x, 4x...i can see the difference in GPU usage but i don't basically see any improvement on the shimmering.

I am at steam VR 100% for the G2 (meaning rendering at like 3.1k x 3.1k), i've also tried 125% but no improvement.

Does anybody have specific suggestions for this?

Thanks,

Vanni

The VRSS that I can no longer set for iRacing used to take care of that. Sadly NVidia took away our ability to switch that feature on for non-officially supported games.

It had great anti-aliasing along with intelligent sharpening in the center of the view.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.