VR: Neck FX vs Real Head Motion

Always looking to add immersion in VR. Is there a big difference between RHM and Neck FX?

I would like to add some gforce (not look ahead) to my racing, the base settings for neck fix (with lock to horizon checked) seems pretty good, as well as base settings for RHM. Any suggestions would be appreciated for either, if someone has settings that we work well

Last edited:
I wouldn't use these in VR personally. Not a fan of my head moving relative to my chosen frame of reference (in my case the car, in your case the horizon) that isn't mirrored by what my head IRL is doing. Even if it doesn't make you nauseous it would probably have a negative effect of your spatial awareness in the same way a Track IR can.

If you're after increased VR immersion then haptics are the way to go.

I wouldn't use these in VR personally. Not a fan of my head moving relative to my chosen frame of reference (in my case the car, in your case the horizon) that isn't mirrored by what my head IRL is doing. Even if it doesn't make you nauseous it would probably have a negative effect of your spatial awareness in the same way a Track IR can.

If you're after increased VR immersion then haptics are the way to go.
Thanks, probably right on that. I run simhub with 4 transducers, total game changer, can't drive without them. Maybe wind sim or seatbelt is my next project

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.