VR Lock to Horizon

I never used to bother with this but been trying it for the past week.
Some car / track combos it feels horrible some OK.

Do you guy's run with it on or off ?

Also g-force setting's in VR (static rig)
Used to run this low but now disabled...is this a good move ?

I'm letting G-force at default but always turn lock to horizon on while using VR. It gives you less motion sickness.

And about motion sickness, the first time I tried my VR headset, I was not able to do a full lap at Mugello. I started to swear and feel really bad. I was about to send my oculus rift back. And I read a really good advice. Do not try to continue playing if you feeling experience of discomfort or nausea. Stop immediately and wait until everything goes back to normal (first time takes me a couple of hours for less than 3 minutes of VR driving). Then go back to VR.
It takes time but the bad feeling disappears and you'll be able to play in VR longer. Now I'm able to drive several hours without any trouble.

Lock to horizon for me, only place it doesn't work is on Monza 66 bankings, for that you want RealHeadMotion.
I don't need 1 app for 1 track, but a lot of people prefer RHM with just a small "unlock" horizon added.

First time I tried VR I had a terrible headache on the way home from my friends house.

I have been using VR for 7 months and can drive for hour's but always had horizon locked.
Unlocked it does add something for sure.

I like the sound of that app that adds just subtle unlock.
Where is it please ?

I’m lucky that I don’t suffer from motion sickness. Initially I didn’t use lock to horizon, but found it difficult to focus with the view moving about. So ever since I’ve used lock to horizon.

It does feel a bit unnatural on banks, especially Daytona. I tried the realheadmotion app but it seemed too complicated to set up and as I was happy with lock to horizon I didn’t bother.

Did I read somewhere you have to change a setting in an AC file to get g-force to work in vr?

ZZZzzzz.....mmmmmmuaaaaaaahhhhhh.....Morning gents!!! :D

First time I tried VR I had a terrible headache on the way home from my friends house.

I have been using VR for 7 months and can drive for hour's but always had horizon locked.
Unlocked it does add something for sure.

I like the sound of that app that adds just subtle unlock.
Where is it please ?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-1-0-2.4755/
Title says v.1.0.2, but thread contains the newest 1.0.4.2

I’m lucky that I don’t suffer from motion sickness. Initially I didn’t use lock to horizon, but found it difficult to focus with the view moving about. So ever since I’ve used lock to horizon.

It does feel a bit unnatural on banks, especially Daytona. I tried the realheadmotion app but it seemed too complicated to set up and as I was happy with lock to horizon I didn’t bother.

Did I read somewhere you have to change a setting in an AC file to get g-force to work in vr?

Yeah, open assetto_corsa.ini from ..Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
The very last option in the file:
[VR]
ENABLE_CAMERA_SHAKE=0

change value to 1 and save/close.

I had lock to horizon on for the first few months in AC, then I was fiddling about with settings one day and decided to try with it off. It made a big difference for me but did take a couple of races till I got accustomed to it. I have the G-force sliders off.
As for motion sickness, when I first got my rift I had it really bad. I couldn't complete a whole lap without getting nauseous. After an hour of persevering I gave up and had to lay down on the couch to ponder if I was ever going to get over it. Then I read somewhere that drinking a beer or two before using it might work. So any excuse to have a beer later, I was using it without a problem for the rest of the night :D

I had to lay down after my first few tries with the Rift as well and for the first 2 or 3 days I felt slightly off for the rest of the day after an attempt. I'm more or less completely used to it now though, even if I crash out it isn't really a problem anymore. I read that Mary J could help with motion sickness but it is a myth if you ask me. I rarely drink so can't comment on alcohol and motion sickness.

I have had my rift for a few month before I started using LTH and I was fine with every thing but when I started using LTH, it felt much more real. LTH is so easy to use, every one should use it and make up thier mind.
All elevations and bank in normal curves feel more real to me with LTH, so when I drive in Monza or Daytona and the banks are spectaculars, which they are most of time described to be, I am not surprised and enjoyed the drive. I never drove there, but on normal roads and tracks I have had the pleasure to drive in the past, VR with LTH, to me, is closer to what reality is.

I have had my rift for a few month before I started using LTH and I was fine with every thing but when I started using LTH, it felt much more real. LTH is so easy to use, every one should use it and make up thier mind.
All elevations and bank in normal curves feel more real to me with LTH, so when I drive in Monza or Daytona and the banks are spectaculars, which they are most of time described to be, I am not surprised and enjoyed the drive. I never drove there, but on normal roads and tracks I have had the pleasure to drive in the past, VR with LTH, to me, is closer to what reality is.

Yup, elevations appearing "correct" is the main reason I use LTH. Also, using LTH off essentially means the camera is bolted on to the car, as everybody probably know by the time. In VR, that's like freezing your head+body, completely insensitive to g-forces.
In racecars where you´re strapped down tight, there's less movement of your body inside the car, so this is where more unlock to horizon will make more sense, but not 100%.
In my world, optimal camera will be different from car to car:
Racecar = towards 0% LTH
Roadcar = towards 100% LTH
Still, for VR, LTH makes elevations come to life, which you'd experience even in racecars regardless of being strapped tight.

In the end, it's preference. I had RHM on 90% LTH in the beginning but removed it all together for ease of use and cool elevations.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back