1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Voting must be hard(?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omer Said, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I really can't understand the reason behind the lack of voting at our competitions. I can understand the lack of submits, but why some people don't vote ? You just need to press a button. It maximum takes 1-2 minutes. Or even seconds.

For example Mascot Competition's poll have been opened since 10 days, and there are only 20 votes. 20 is so low for such a crowded and active community.

If you have any advice please say, i'm hopeless about this. :frown:

2. Could it be that not many people are interested in the competitions...? Just an observation. :frown:

3. Omer Said

Omer Said

If you collect the number of people submit entries at competitions, it passes up to 20.

Yes your observation is very true and that's the painful truth but the interest is not just 20 people i know that exactly.

4. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

The trouble is I never know when I poll is up. Just the odd time I stumble across the competition forum and go "Oh a poll!" and vote on it. Maybe if we got notice about it we could vote and more people would vote.

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

You have to consider the traffic that passes into off-topic is significantly less than the sim/league/racing club forums.

6. Omer Said

Omer Said

lol i'm going to spam competition advertisements in Club event and league forums :D

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

And I will have to delete them for being spam as you know already :p

8. maybe you should send pm to members "vote or die!" or something like that :p

9. Sorry but Ryan took that idea for his F1 1971 race. I guess people are to lazy to move there mouse and press on an option.

10. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I still think the general forums should be on top of the forum then the games and leagues as last ones. OT was always well visited. But i have stopped looking into it because it became too much 1,2,3,4,5 forum post games etc (no offence)

Why not put them on the frontpage if it is a fun competition?

11. Omer Said

Omer Said

How do put something on the frontpage ?

12. Tbh, I think Competitions getting a forum all on it's own has been a hinderance rather than a help, it's more out of the way, I'm certainly visiting it less...

13. Omer Said

Omer Said

But with the addition of new comps and the prize system, you can'T keep competitions in off-topic, that would be a total mess :O

14. I meant have a competitions sub-forum running in the off-topic forum, rather than a stand alone competitions forum

15. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

send me a pm :)