Vote Time: RD Formula One Team of the Year Awards

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Team of the Year Awards 2016.jpg

The Formula One World Championship in 2017 has produced some epic moments this year. Mercedes have shown a level of dominance unseen in the history of the sport, Red Bull have picked up wins against the odds not once but twice, Force India have arguably over performed all season and Haas have been stunning in their first season.

Formula One is not just about the stars behind the wheel. Each team spends millions of dollars and hundreds of staff to prepare and race two of the most technologically impressive open wheel race cars in the world. With a record number of wins for Mercedes, a mighty impressive performance from the new Haas F1 team and a highest ever finish for Force India in the World Championship, it's a tough call to choose who should be picked as Formula One team of the year.

Select your Team of the Year choice in the attached poll and let us know who you picked and why in the comments section below!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Got to be Merc for me, despite the heroics of FI this season I just can't look past the remarkable win rate for the Silver Arrows. Seriously impressive stuff.

Hopefully 2017 brings about a different outcome and the field shakes up somewhat.

Tuomas Tähtelä

Yet another Finn
It has to be Merc, they were ahead in nearly every area. Clearly ahead of every other high-budget team.

Manor also did great coming from a long way behind in 2015 to fighting it out with Sauber, Renault or even Toro Rosso and Haas in some races with their very limited budget. Force India managed to overtake Williams as the best mid-budget team so they did a good job, I hope they didn't focus too much on 2016 instead of 2017.

Bwoah honestly! It has to be Ferrari, not because they're doing well or anything, they just have the funniest tag team.

But if I was not quite as biased as I am, I would have to say Force India. I did not see them overtaking Williams as #4.

I don't understand why so many people voted for Red Bull Racing. RBR has a great car and drivers, but their race strategies and mechanics were absolutely atrocious this past season. Remember Monaco when the crew wasn't ready to change tires? Or the pit strategy for Verstappen in Brazil? Granted, the dumb move gave us a drive to remember. Those are just two of the instances that come to mind.

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
Voted for Manor. They were basically a dead team just a short while ago and now they had their strongest season, again taking points but also beeing competitive. Still at the back, but competitive. I think that's impressive.

Honorable mentions:
Haas: New team and their first races were superb. Slowly falling behind, but still a really impressive first season! Maybe i should've voted for them...

Force India: Since they started in F1 they slowly but surely climbed up the constructors championship ladder. With their budget achieving a 4th place is amazing! Only the factory teams of Mercedes and Ferrari in front and the highly financially supported Red Bull team.
They left teams like Williams and McLaren behind, also they are in front of the factory team from Renault and are the best private team after all.

Mercedes: Yeah, they are a bit annoying but hats off to build another car like that. It seemed like they could make mistake after mistake but still getting the titles safely. Great engineering!

Ricoow

Premium
I don't understand why so many people voted for Red Bull Racing. RBR has a great car and drivers, but their race strategies and mechanics were absolutely atrocious this past season. Remember Monaco when the crew wasn't ready to change tires? Or the pit strategy for Verstappen in Brazil? Granted, the dumb move gave us a drive to remember. Those are just two of the instances that come to mind.
Note that the rainfall wasnt expected to become heavier again and that Ricciardo was lapping over a second faster than the entire field. I would have made the same call with that information.

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

I almost gave it to Haas for their very impressive debut season, especially making the most of the first couple of rounds - the best opportunity for points for the small teams. Two top 6 finishes is commendable in this day and age! But Force India cemented itself on the midfield as a strong 4th team contender, basically best of the rest.

As much as I would like to cast my vote for Williams (go Valtteri!), it just has to be Force India. They were the only team that achieved much more that it was expected from them. If I had two votes, I would give the other one to Haas.

I went back and forth between Force India and Haas as well, call me jingoist but in the end I went with the Americans. What they did with no experience and no data was, for me, marginally more impressive than what FI did with their limited resources. Both are great choices.

With Max Verstappen's surprize win in Spain and his virtuoso run in Brazil in the rain, to Daniel Ricciardo's pole at Monaco and his win at Sepang, I would say that Red Bull was my favorite team to watch. They brought a sense of hope and excitement to the races to fend off the boredom of Mercedes total dominance of the sport.

I hope that 2017's rule changes (big tires and wings)will level the field and bring F1 back to what it used to be, the most intelligent and exciting sport on planet earth?!!

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Force India in my opinion. Wonderful team with a small budget compared but with a no gripe can do mentality. :thumbsup:

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
I was going to be a little disappointed if Force India didn't take this. What they've managed to over the past few years developing the car with the budget they have, and getting the results as well, they are easily my favorite team and absolutely deserve respect for what they've done. Perez really stepped up this year and it was great to watch.

Should be fun to see him and Ocon go at it next year! :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%