1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Voice chat when online playing MP

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Cote Dazur, May 23, 2014.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

Voice chat when online playing MP, how does it work?
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

The only real option we have at RD is something like t/speak..
    its really helpful in contacting guys who are in the club races at RD if used.
    but as for racing outside of RD i don't know.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

I was under the impression that voice chat was available when playing AC in MP.
    But I could be wrong, as I have no idea how.
  4. You can set up a group voice chat in Steam with friends..
    No way to communicate with randoms at this time though.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

There's no way to voice chat through Assetto Corsa, however Steam will let you do voice chat.

But teamspeak is just better :)
  6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

There is a "Chat" box for typed communication in the AC side panel.
  7. Not that anybody asked about my opinion, but to me racing games + teamspeak are a nogo...I mean I am concentrating on driving and then somebody screams out loud out of nowhere, ending in several crashes....happened before and will happen again. It´s just disturbing while racing. For me text chat would be enough. Now, with the previous chat app you could just quickly drive on the sideway or into the green and start chatting...Good thing they removed that feature, which also means no more chatting outside the pits.
    Back to topic : A builtin voice chat like iRacing`s would be awesome.
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steffen Lauge Sorensen

Steffen Lauge Sorensen
    Premium Member

While I race I just mute the mic/speaker..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

like you I mute everything during the race.
    I like the voice chat in practice and in the pit.
    so the only option when not with steam friends is teamspeak, but not every one has it.
    I don't. Where can I get it?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

OK, now I am connected to teamspeak, what server should I go to in order to listen to the other driver?
  11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

Thank you, I read in the discussion on the thread: Only licensed members can see the passwords, and join servers
    How does that relates to using teamspeak on a AC server?
  12. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

The TS-server is meant for communication during RD events on RD servers. It is not meant to be used for a random AC server.
    In order to race online on RD servers and make use of TS servers you should apply for a license ;)

You should see TS as a groupcall in skype. It is a third party program used for communication. It does in no way relate to AC or extend AC's functionalities.
    • Like Like x 1