VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser

Cars VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser V2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Richard Wilks submitted a new resource:

VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser - Teaser for the upcoming VLM conversion being worked on Historicsimracing organization.

This is a first teaser for the new physics i am developing for these early group C cars.
View attachment 255576
In my humble opinion, Bias Ply tires haven't been that well understood or represented in cars with high downforce in simulators or mods. My continued work in for historic sim racing organization and their mods on classic cars has been focused on finally bringing these highly anticipated road warriors of yesteryear to the virtual landscape, avoiding the typical "if it has...

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 503495

Very interesting to drive, thank you for this initial iteration. Racing on hard tires is highly recommended for a different challenge!

Richard, love driving your car and the sound file is great, although I need to lift my right foot to get it to upshift. Is there a setting change? Little rough on my equipment.

Richard, love driving your car and the sound file is great, although I need to lift my right foot to get it to upshift. Is there a setting change? Little rough on my equipment.
You just have to learn how to shift these cars. You must lift when shifting. Once you get the timing down it'll be second nature to you.

You just have to learn how to shift these cars. You must lift when shifting. Once you get the timing down it'll be second nature to you.
Well C, I have a whole pile of GT and LM downloads and don't have to lift for any of them. This is a problem I will fix or I will delete it. Nothin tough about it.

Hi @Richard Wilks, first of all thanks a lot for your job and dedication!
I love your mod but thought/felt there could be a mistake on the pli of the front tires height, hasn't there any physics update since Niels drove it?
Anyway thanks again!

Last edited:
Wow, €1000 that's quite an estimation of how much effort this will take! I missed that the first time around looking at the thread! Good luck - I hope you achieve that target.

@Richard Wilks
Sidewall of the front tyres seem (for me) maybe "a bit" too high, giving the tyres some kind of "little" sponginess and a "tiny" delay at turning; like if the tyres was bending before biting, making the car slighty unprecise with a floating front end. Just a feeling...
Anyway thanks again, a lot and in advance.

Last edited:
Richard Wilks updated VLM GTPC conversion Physics Teaser with a new update entry:

Niels physics vs Wilks physics

I implemented the turbo model, and uploaded Niels's physics that he used in his stream, for a direct comparison between the two. Number one car uses mine, number two car uses his.

The mod is almost all completed, but i thought it would be an interesting exercise to compare the two, and give the community the version that Niels generously sent me!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can I ask that you use a unique entry for the vehicle description in the .veh files e.g GTPC1.

I've noticed with this and your F1 71 mod you borrow current Reiza codes in your description, in that instance 'RETRO', if I remember correctly.

I appreciate that it allows you to use an exsisting FFB preset but as it doesn't create a new realfeel entry it means any changes I make on your Porsche via realfeel are applied to the Marcas. Most people will not be aware of this.

A unique description line will default the MaxForce to the default (-2500?) but if you include a recommended set of values (pasting in the Marcas values in this example) in a readme or in the download page this should be a fair compromiswe. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.