Vive Pro, RTX 2080Ti, 8700k VR Settings Questions

Hey Everyone!

I have a pretty high end right with an RTX 2080Ti, 8700k OC at 4.8, 32gb ram, running off an M.2 and I race with a Vive Pro.

I tried using the Natural_Mod but under sunlight on the tracks everything looks a little too bright and washed out. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I was told Natural Mod doesn't work in SRS or any online races. Is this correct? If so, I shouldn't even bother with this Effect.

And if so, is there anything that I can do to make the picture look much better without having frame drops?

I checked out the VR Guide 1.0 that one of the race department members posted, but it didnt really help much as it's meant mainly for an Oculus.

If anyone can recommend Nvidia control panel settings, and in-game graphics settings to help me, and they have a similar set up, please let me know!

• Deleted member 197115

Samsung Odyssey, same resolution as Pro, default at 100%, for AC 250%.
Keep in mind that 100% for Pro is not the same as 100% for Oculus.
Look at the actual resolution numbers. SteamVR does some fancy internal multiplication.
Check this out
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926851496
Kill all HUD apps, they chew FPS alive.
I am 90fps 95%. Grid size matters, my system is pretty comfortable with 15 opponents.Your CPU should handle more.
Some mod cars and tracks could be challenging, Kunos stuff is never a problem.

For online GBW also has replacement for stock weathers, so you should be fine.

Look at the actual resolution numbers. SteamVR does some fancy internal multiplication.
Check this out
I am 90fps 95%. Grid size matters, my system is pretty comfortable with 15 opponents.Your CPU should handle more.

Funny you mentioned that. Those AC apps i have like 5 of them open.

I’ll minimize it and just try to keep sidekick on only.

Thanks for the help

Check this out

Andrew,
Can you send me a screenshot of your Nvidia Control Panel settings for the AC application? I see your global settings, but I was wondering if you changed anything specifically in there for AC.

Also, did you try SteamVR Beta with the new motion smoothing? I'm getting better frame times and it looked smoother and better than asynch reprojection.

By the way Gbw suite looks amazing so far.

• Deleted member 197115

Nvidia settings are in the same doc I linked earlier.
WMR does not use Vive specific Motion Smoothing, neither does Rift, as each has their own in driver implementation.
For WMR it's vector reprojection and ASW for Rift. I am not a big fan of those as they make image less sharp, plus can induce motion sickness. 90 fps was picked as a standard for a good reason, Oculus has done a lot of research before settling for this refresh rate. I can run Odyssey at 60Hz, don't like that either.

Nvidia settings are in the same doc I linked earlier.
WMR does not use Vive specific Motion Smoothing, neither does Rift, as each has their own in driver implementation.
For WMR it's vector reprojection and ASW for Rift. I am not a big fan of those as they make image less sharp, plus can induce motion sickness. 90 fps was picked as a standard for a good reason, Oculus has done a lot of research before settling for this refresh rate. I can run Odyssey at 60Hz, don't like that either.

Got it. I'll try to keep it off. I forgot Motion Smoothing was only for the Vive

It's Andrew_WOT by the way
Thanks!
I just realized how close that is to my postal code, which I've been entering into Microsoft since last night trying to order an Odyssey. Plus I got a new tablet with some out of control spell check that makes stuff up after I type it in. So please excuse weird words if I don't catch them.

How comfortable is the Pro? I really don't like how the CV1 feels at all.

I see you put Application SS to 250%. I put mine to 140-160% and I was worried that I'm too low. Are you using a Vive Pro by any chance also? I know on Oculus and OG Vive you can do alot higher than on the vive pro. Also, do you hit 90fps normally with these settings or do you reproject to 45fps?

Your base resolution is higher than with my OG Vive. I am running SS 250% and with constant 90 FPS any track, any car and with a maximum of 15 cars. I have seen reports that 140%-160% with your Pro is pretty good and reasonable.

In Steam VR just allow asynchronous reprojection but NOT always ON. NVIDIA settings are just standard, I have not touched them for my NVIDA updates now. I do not like SteamVR supersampling filters, so all the rest is OFF in my case.

I have tried all these PP filters. They are more or less tolling on the FPS and I have tried all settings and combinations for many weeks, in the end I am running high/max graphics settings but NO PP and I have not looked back for months now.

With your PC you should have a flawless experience in AC as I do with a 7700k@4,9 + 1080ti@2,0.....your system is faster.

I am new to CM and just tried installing GBW by using the drop box. Everything seems to have installed but VR only uses default filter, which makes VR look smoky. Before CM I have just renamed the filter I wanted to use 'default'. Looks like I have to rename because it still looks smoky. Any easy way around this?

• Deleted member 197115

I am new to CM and just tried installing GBW by using the drop box. Everything seems to have installed but VR only uses default filter, which makes VR look smoky. Before CM I have just renamed the filter I wanted to use 'default'. Looks like I have to rename because it still looks smoky. Any easy way around this?
Capture.JPG

BTW, GBW Suite requires manual install, installing via CM doesn't work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.