Virtual Steward

Misc Virtual Steward 0.3e

Login or Register an account to download this content
oh, when talking of sweet lua- did u ever give minecraft - computercraft a shot?
Do u know what this is?
cc: tweaked its called.....its incredible....
Nope, never played Minecraft.

About my new project, it is still too early to talk about it, first I wanna test all the workflow to see if I can actually do it.

Would you mind setting up the udp2ws script on one of your server? I mean, after I'll be done with my local testing, but I'm away from home for a week so it'll take some time.

the first lik is a tutorial collection...but just have a look at the second link - its tutorial No....3 or 4....point is:
U now have with the mod a "virtual host"....a REAL virtual computer based on LUA.
Like in reality u can attach peripherie: Like u would code your handy, u attach a Monitor (mymonitor = peripheral.wrap."the side u attached the monitor")
U further can attach modesm, wifi modems, u can use cable input/output (by color: if red and if green(true), then print "bla")
but thats just the edge of the iceberg.

the Tutorial i selected for u- its about how to use "turtles"...a turtle basically is a robot.
And we are talking not just of some kiddy toy stuff...its a robot full cabable of what modern robots are cabable of - inlcding wifi, including GPS...its just fantastic.

Monitors...just for exampe...u can put liek 8 monitors * 8 monitors togehter to 1 monitor....one...VERY LARGE svga monitor. U can code a game...i am sure u can also "debug" your app via this.

For example i did wirte a code that did a turtle find its own way out of every labyrinth u would setup in the game (to find out a labyrinth, there is arule, that will always work...sooner or later though...^^)

U can like this code Traps....like (if player button 1 and button 2 is pressed then action, end)
Like this they even did rebuild a modern processors architecture...u have so many components...i...must show u this on discord or somewhere- u will leave all your work here to dive into ha MINECRAFT computercraft provides u..)U also have the whole mod as plugin for vs code....with working peripherie etc...like in reality your handy would work, send via net, print to screen etc etc

Oh, and yes, u can bet, there is sth similar to assetto corsa content manager AND shaders patch!
Minecraft then looks incredibly good....

(thats the turtle lection...)

@Edit: its provided even with context sensitive function addition/auto completion

@Edit 2: sry for the spamming - but if u like lua.....then this is like your eldorado....i think...

Last edited:
Nope, never played Minecraft.

About my new project, it is still too early to talk about it, first I wanna test all the workflow to see if I can actually do it.

Would you mind setting up the udp2ws script on one of your server? I mean, after I'll be done with my local testing, but I'm away from home for a week so it'll take some time.
oh sry, i was just so....caught in the thing..
Sure i will..
Aehm....still...as i told u- u can get full access to the server yourself...its pretty easy and i can help...the server is designed to be administarted remote....atm still winodws running on it...but u can run several OS at same time...u could even run 25 win11 clients....its exactly desgnied for multiple virtual hosting, perfetcly good for testing grounds...

U want winserver installed?
U just tell him, where to find an image (iso...or whatever...u get directly at microsoft sites, linux sites etc..)...he wil insert the image....boot it, tadaa....u kind of have a remote Monitor tool..so u would see this like you know it with your pc....(bios...bootup...boot from a harddisk, b cdrom(virtual cd rom) c usb (virtual as real) etc etc.....

I mean....u need to down sth?...the server does it in secons fr u.
All u do is just connect via remote with your ugly internet.....and then the server will download whatever u need....will instakk/play whatever u need....so....your poor internet connection "problems" like this are gone.....

Still i just let him do bullsit atm...^^....no further plans for tis...but always interested in some "hobby projects"...:0)

@Edit: you even can work on it via a handy app, HP designed exactly for such ppl being "on the route"...:0)
I mean...you where asking for some server support...and i give u the opportunity to work with a monster , my friend....;0) Not just a server...its a PROLIANT G9.....
its like the PRVVY tuned Mercedes of all servers...dont think there exists anything better then the G-Line from HP.....

Last edited:
oh sry, i was just so....caught in the thing..
Sure i will..
Aehm....still...as i told u- u can get full access to the server yourself...its pretty easy and i can help...the server is designed to be administarted remote....atm still winodws running on it...but u can run several OS at same time...u could even run 25 win11 clients....its exactly desgnied for multiple virtual hosting, perfetcly good for testing grounds...

U want winserver installed?
U just tell him, where to find an image (iso...or whatever...u get directly at microsoft sites, linux sites etc..)...he wil insert the image....boot it, tadaa....u kind of have a remote Monitor tool..so u would see this like you know it with your pc....(bios...bootup...boot from a harddisk, b cdrom(virtual cd rom) c usb (virtual as real) etc etc.....

I mean....u need to down sth?...the server does it in secons fr u.
All u do is just connect via remote with your ugly internet.....and then the server will download whatever u need....will instakk/play whatever u need....so....your poor internet connection "problems" like this are gone.....

Still i just let him do bullsit atm...^^....no further plans for tis...but always interested in some "hobby projects"...:0)

@Edit: you even can work on it via a handy app, HP designed exactly for such ppl being "on the route"...:0)
I mean...you where asking for some server support...and i give u the opportunity to work with a monster , my friend....;0) Not just a server...its a PROLIANT G9.....
its like the PRVVY tuned Mercedes of all servers...dont think there exists anything better then the G-Line from HP.....
Well, I guess it can handle a couple of scripts...

I've been reading the CSP server settings page and there are a lot of interesting options, didn't know it could disable collisions or change the collisions strength. Having access to that via script would open up to many interesting options.

Wow, what a great tool. However I am having trouble understanding how the checkpoints should work? How can I use them to accurately align two laps at the starting line?

I already got the two laps roughly aligned automatically, then I tried to click the left/right arrows to move the cars step by step, but that is not accurate enough. One car is always further/behind than the other.

The checkpoint functionality doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Well, I guess it can handle a couple of scripts...

I've been reading the CSP server settings page and there are a lot of interesting options, didn't know it could disable collisions or change the collisions strength. Having access to that via script would open up to many interesting options.
ye, i told u there are some nice options now with the later releases of csp as for the custom dedicated server assettocorsa.
Good point for you though to setup and mess around a bit with some dedi servers.
Best way to get a good some deeper insights into what is possible now, when u (have to)dive trough all the settings files/options etc.
for my interest (and understanding ) its mostly about anti cheat / payers databse via custom steam auth etc.
For sure u will find many useful options . I can`t really tell as i am not into things like you would be for example.

Wow, what a great tool. However I am having trouble understanding how the checkpoints should work? How can I use them to accurately align two laps at the starting line?

I already got the two laps roughly aligned automatically, then I tried to click the left/right arrows to move the cars step by step, but that is not accurate enough. One car is always further/behind than the other.

The checkpoint functionality doesn't seem to do anything for me.
The alignment granularity depends on the the replay recording frequency, the default setting is 30 ms, at 200 km/h that means about 1.6 m, so you won't be able to align the cars much better than that and since finishing lines are usually on a straight they are the worst place to get a good alignment, unless you are lucky and the center of the cars crosses the finish line in about the same position.

For a better alignment I should interpolate the data but honestly that's a little beyond the scope of the tool. As I said before, because of recording frequency and online ping delay I don't think replays are the best way to compare laps but they are still useful to get a rough idea, especially about racing lines. If you are comparing to yourself I suggest increasing the recording frequency to the max.

I also suggest, as you correctly did, using the arrows to align at the starting line because if you place the checkpoint just a frame before the starting line it will be missed. Checkpoints are best used to align cars at turn's entries.

Anyway, I'll take a look at interpolation to see if it's worth it.

The alignment granularity depends on the the replay recording frequency, the default setting is 30 ms, at 200 km/h that means about 1.6 m, so you won't be able to align the cars much better than that and since finishing lines are usually on a straight they are the worst place to get a good alignment, unless you are lucky and the center of the cars crosses the finish line in about the same position.

For a better alignment I should interpolate the data but honestly that's a little beyond the scope of the tool. As I said before, because of recording frequency and online ping delay I don't think replays are the best way to compare laps but they are still useful to get a rough idea, especially about racing lines. If you are comparing to yourself I suggest increasing the recording frequency to the max.

I also suggest, as you correctly did, using the arrows to align at the starting line because if you place the checkpoint just a frame before the starting line it will be missed. Checkpoints are best used to align cars at turn's entries.

Anyway, I'll take a look at interpolation to see if it's worth it.
Thanks for the reply. I also suspected that the "sampling frequency" of the replay was the issue with the alignment.

If interpolating more points is possible, it sure would be nice, for example halving the alignment error of 1.6m to 0.8m, etc.

EDIT: Or if it would be possible to set some kind of offset value to move the existing replay frequency points so that the compared laps are aligned the lap start (no idea if this is feasible either).

Regarding the checkpoints I actually got them somewhat working. If I understand correctly:
  1. I first delete any drivers I am not interested in with the trash can.
  2. Then with the right click I mark one lap for each driver I want to compare.
  3. Mark the checkpoints on the track map.
  4. Select all the drivers with right click so the lines show up.
  5. Merge the laps.
At this point going through the replay in the VS tool, the laps seem somewhat aligned but with problems. All cars start moving at the beginning from the same point, but some go through the checkpoint on the first lap while other stop at it on the first lap, then the opposite happens on the next lap before the cars dissappear.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I also suspected that the "sampling frequency" of the replay was the issue with the alignment.

If interpolating more points is possible, it sure would be nice, for example halving the alignment error of 1.6m to 0.8m, etc.

EDIT: Or if it would be possible to set some kind of offset value to move the existing replay frequency points so that the compared laps are aligned the lap start (no idea if this is feasible either).

Regarding the checkpoints I actually got them somewhat working. If I understand correctly:
  1. I first delete any drivers I am not interested in with the trash can.
  2. Then with the right click I mark one lap for each driver I want to compare.
  3. Mark the checkpoints on the track map.
  4. Select all the drivers with right click so the lines show up.
  5. Merge the laps.
At this point going through the replay in the VS tool, the laps seem somewhat aligned but with problems. All cars start moving at the beginning from the same point, but some go through the checkpoint on the first lap while other stop at it on the first lap, then the opposite happens on the next lap before the cars dissappear.
Yes, your steps are correct, you can skip the first one since merge will only consider the right click selected players.

About cars not stopping at checkpoints, are you talking about a checkpoint in the middle of the track? Because it shouldn't happen in this case, I'll have to check that. Also, did you select just one lap for every player or more than one?

I'll be back home next week, if you could upload the replay file and send me the link, because it never happened in the few ones I tried.

About the edit: doing that would basically mean interpolating, which is not hard, per se, but I would like to also be able to export the interpolated replay and that is not as easy.

disconnection from usb like ?
What wheel u use?

Usb is always and since ever problematic - lack of power...Ampere (mA), its always this one thing. So u never want to use for example the front usb on a desktop (might be only +25 cm of more cable- but ruining it all..)
So standart i would say u have either typical usb power problem (there are some workarounds that can help), some boards have problems with bios settings from "usb auto / XHCI / hand-off-legacy usb support settings" etc..i always for example dectivate any settings that can let windows control your usb power (like sleep mode/switch off after some time, reduce etc...)
Turns out it was the fridge in my room causing the wheel to disconnect.

like it was taking to much of mainpower?
Interfering frequenzens?
Or your wheel had a cold...^^
When the fridge compressor shuts off there is a spike, I can hear that in my loudspeakers too, when this happen the wheel stops working.

The problem now is remembering to plug the refrigerator back in when I stop sim racing...

PS: are your AC servers still up and running?

When the fridge compressor shuts off there is a spike, I can hear that in my loudspeakers too, when this happen the wheel stops working.

The problem now is remembering to plug the refrigerator back in when I stop sim racing...

PS: are your AC servers still up and running?
lol..thats kinda special bug...but finally solved hm...haha
Server run in an eyeblink.
atm offline as i m bored and seen no more need for it/them.
AMS2 is getting very interesting as ACC is. There also where lately some nice dedicated server file releases.
As long as noone really makes use of them, they are offline. For me, i had lots of fun messing with ac mods etc.But its not that a big "challenge" to dive deeper for me.

so....as long as they are useless running, they won' t run....

;0)

lol..thats kinda special bug...but finally solved hm...haha
Server run in an eyeblink.
atm offline as i m bored and seen no more need for it/them.
AMS2 is getting very interesting as ACC is. There also where lately some nice dedicated server file releases.
As long as noone really makes use of them, they are offline. For me, i had lots of fun messing with ac mods etc.But its not that a big "challenge" to dive deeper for me.

so....as long as they are useless running, they won' t run....

;0)
I'm working on a "live race" feature for Virtual Steward, right now I can connect to free roam servers but most race servers partially disconnect me after 60 seconds, I would like to check the log files of a different server because on my test one that doesn't happen.

So I get you're moving to ASM2?

Hi man

All ok?
is the project stil alive?
Kinda. I’ve been struggling to find both the time and motivation to work on it recently, partly due to difficulties with the new features I’ve been attempting to implement, and partly because AC Evo might soon make it redundant.

By the way, my goal was to connect to a server as a ‘pseudo’ client to display car positions in real time within Virtual Steward. Currently, it works to some extent with free roam servers, but I get disconnected after a minute when on race servers. If anyone operating a server is open to assisting in debugging this issue, I would be very grateful.

I'm working on a "live race" feature for Virtual Steward, right now I can connect to free roam servers but most race servers partially disconnect me after 60 seconds, I would like to check the log files of a different server because on my test one that doesn't happen.

So I get you're moving to ASM2?
actually i already got some ams2 dedis run- also with mod support......:0)
but either way, i just give u my discord- and if u find the time, contact me there..:0)

@Edit: no need to motivate me for any racer...if its in VR, i am in!
hehehe

@EDIT2: sry for my late replay....aehm..lets say i am a "man of doing the things"....and i kindah lost focus...
Whatsoever- IF u got sth to work with for me, i will work with it. Directly.
But its about "working together"...so u will also have to find the time for this.
Or take the time. Or i will loose..."focus" and check on other stuff, i am interested in....whats really a lot...^^

Last edited:
Kinda. I’ve been struggling to find both the time and motivation to work on it recently, partly due to difficulties with the new features I’ve been attempting to implement, and partly because AC Evo might soon make it redundant.

By the way, my goal was to connect to a server as a ‘pseudo’ client to display car positions in real time within Virtual Steward. Currently, it works to some extent with free roam servers, but I get disconnected after a minute when on race servers. If anyone operating a server is open to assisting in debugging this issue, I would be very grateful.
ôh, yes man- thats really could change athing, if u/we get this thing to run in a car.....that....will give lots and lots of....oportunitys....possibilitys...i think....^^
And if its about "bullying" a little bit the "bullys"....i am kindah dedicasted to such things....i dont care what u then want from this, if its just kindah able to...punish them punishers a bit.

So we meet in the middle somehow...both we got our...dedicated reasons to try to get sth like this to work.
MAybe one can consider it running in the lua nav system par example...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea