1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP Virtual Neste Oil Rally Finland 2011

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by nokanmov, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Savo Stage Team Finland
    savo.stage.team.finland @ gmail.com

Virtual Neste Oil Rally Finland 2011 projects is taking release in this year. Maybe during Rally Finland Weekend ;)
    Let us see, what will happend ;D Here is some first look videos and pictures:

Painaa (part of Leustu)

2. I don't even know what to say... This is just simply amazing!
  3. Brilliant. I commend you for your dedication. I do have a request though, can I use the road texture files in Ouninpohja?
  4. Yes, you can request. After stages release and it is soon ;)
  5. There is some real onboards, from our new stages ;)

Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF 1985 SS2 Humalamäki 3,03 km: Stage road July 2011:

Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF Shakedown 2010 Rannankylä 4,46 km: Stage road July 2011:

Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF 2004 SS Mökkiperä 13,96 km: Stage road July 2011:

Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF 2009 SS23 Ruuhimäki 6,50 km: Stage road July 2011:

Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF 1985 SS21 Pöykky 3,77 km: Stage road July 2011:

Painaa Stage between 03:12 - 11:04. Few 100 meters missing from video.
    Finland Onboards VW1.9TD: NORF SS Leustu 21,35 km: Stage road July 2011:
  6. Laajavuori: looking from this video, the stage seems to me a lot more narrow with more elevation and crest on some places. This for sure is most likely an accentuated effect from the cockpit view, but anyway, it is noticeable. I just wanted to point that out. Simple curiosity, can you tell me exactly what is the method used for recreating those stages? Thanks :)

7. Yeah, I have to agree with that. The more I've been watching the videos of the Finnish stages you've been building, the more it seems that the roads might be a bit too wide and some corners don't seem quite as tight as they are in real life. And I'd say I know what I'm talking about as I've been on those stages, most recently in Laajavuori on Saturday and I've even driven the Mökkiperä stage by myself (not with a rally car though) For example that hairpin right, hairpin left in Laajavuori seems a lot narrower and tighter in real stage than in RBR stage.

I hate to be complaining about this as mostly your stages are just superb job, but I can't help noticing the difference.