Villeneve V Pironi Documentary

I saw the Gille's V Pironi documentary last night and i enjoyed it. I did nit like the fact it went into subtittles as some of the noration was in French and i cant keep up but it was mosly in English and the visual tells a story anyone can understand. I wont drop spoilers as some may not have seen it. 3 Stars out of four, i would prefer a mouvie as they are more realistic ***

Pironi was doing well already in Ligier but suffered from reliability issues which was a major factor back in those days.

1982 he was heading for the championship title but got injured. Keke Rosberg took the title because his Williams-Cosworth was reliable and he was able to get points from races consistently.

That early turbo era was a story of very fast but unreliable engines.

I remember the day Gille's died. Very sad. I was excited to see him at the first Detroit race in 1982. Unfortunately, he died before the Detroit race. Strangely, I randomly met Pironi during the Detroit weekend. Attending a GP in those days was very different. The paddock was wide open to the public. I just ran into Pironi as he was walking from the hotel to the pits. I think I was the only person that new who he was and nobody else was with him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back