F1 2010 Viewing Replay Issue

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys.. when i try to view a replay of a session.. I get this black screen.
People suggest that you hit alt+enter to windowed mode and back again to full screen mode.. but doesnt seem to work for me..

any ideas what needs to be done?

I have the same issue on some of the tracks. If you want to save and replay any session (Time Trials, Grand Prix or career) I suggest that you get a program call Fraps. It allows you to record as little or as much as you want by hitting a hot key. You will also want a free program call Visual Dub so you can compress the video. Fraps cost $37.00 (US).

If you only want to replay your actual race in the Career mode, you can do that by simply creating two new shortcuts. Check out this link for the info.
http://community.codemasters.com/fo.../442334-saving-playing-replays-f1-2010-a.html

@TR6Speed.. I already have FRAPS..
its just that, i play game on my laptop, so the frame rate drops while recording..
and can't play it on xbox as i dont have a wheel for that.. so thats why i was wondering if someone does know how to fix this issue..

I think I know why this problem is. Let me guess.. youre on a 64 bit system? And your F1 2010 install dir is not in "c:\program files"?

Then probably the CM way of saving replays wont work, and you will be getting this black screen.

The work around for me and a couple others seem to be to avoid restarting a session/time trial or going to the garage and then back out. Then it should work, although I still get some really wierd random bugs like replays playing in reverse, messed up sound and so on.

yup thats my case.. windows 7 x64..

so you are telling me to play a session without restarting it.. and to not go to garage as well?

EDIT
Looks like that worked, but now its gonna be really painful.. have to just keep on playing without restarting or going to the garage to get a proper replay...

Thats what I have to do too and it's a pain in the buttocks. Then you have to remember that the replay file only stores about 11-12 laps or so, so after that you have to restart the session from the paddock again.

I'm not sure though if it would work to reinstall the game in c:\program files on a 64 bit system to make it normal, I'm too careful about losing my savegame and all the setups but please inform us if you are brave enough to try ;)

I've just started having this exact issue....after no issues previously. The screen appears to just hang when you select replay. I can see the screen flicker different shades of black. Weird. What's with the resolution select? I select 2304x1440 and it accepts it. Then next time I restart the game it's back to 1600x1200. The darn game is possessed. It just seems to randomly do things on it's own. I hope they can get it sorted out with a few more patches.

I just had a career race replay end - watched right after the race, not using the 'fix' CM posted' -roughly halfway through the race :( It was a 40% race, perhaps the replay just can't save the entire race? Anyone know?

Didn't use any flashbacks btw, don't have them on expert ;) . I noticed before I switched to expert that flashbacks do seem to end your replay.

As for OP, yea, same, win7 x64, black screen of death when trying to watch replays with the CM 'fix' thingy.

yep the replay file is limited in size. As I said, about 11-12 laps depending on how long the track is and speed around it.
Exact time should be easy enough to find out, but I havent botherd. Just keep it to around 10 laps per session if the replay is important.

And this is limited because of performance (framerate) issues I believe. If the replay file is uncompressed it means pretty high amounts of data.

Fraps can be setup to take a screenshot for you once per second. I think I will try this to keep track of my sector times for our current time trial competition. I really miss telemetry in this game. You could think that it should be a given feature in a F1 game.

I like the game...but I'm conflicted. I've tried, but I can't name one racing title in the last 20 years with so many issues as it relates to game replay. One of the guys here... who seems to have some insight on the internal development, even suggested that replay was not implemented due to time constraints. This is lunacy. I've been running sims for quite some time. I can't name one title which does NOT have replay in some form or other.

Yeah I sent you my specs earlier

Alienware Aurora
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 920 (2.66GHz, 8MB cache, 4.8GT/sec)
6GB 1333MHz (3x2GB) Tri Channel Memory
2GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5970
1TB Dual Hard Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" (2x500GB - 7200rpm)

ive just read that windows media player may not be quick enough to handle the quality that ive recorded so may just be a case of getting a better media player

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back