View Help

Hi
Does anyone here use the bonnet cam or do you all use cockpit? I know it's personal preference and you get the realism with cockpit view but I always end up back on bonnet view as I just can't seem to get the same feel for the cars otherwise. Just wondered If I was going to be the only one using this view.

Cheers

Jim

I also use bonnet view for most of the cars (although there are some cars with nice cockpit views:geek:). Field of view is larger. Using cockpit view is really ussable only with tripple screens (unless you like looking through viewing port of an old diving suit:ninja:).

I use bonnet view. I've tried cockpit view for hours and I just couldn't get a feel for it.

On GTL, FTruck and F1 2012, however, I use cockpit as the visibility is higher.

Last edited:
I use bonnet view since only a few weeks, And I would say I have better sensations with it.
I tried the cockpit view, but in my opinion, Simbin made it very bad (no visibility, also if I change the FOV option in the game.
Too bad that there is no "Cam Hack" for this game, so that you are totally free to configurate your own view.

For tin top cars i vary between cockpit and bonnet view, depends what mood i'm in. For open wheel cars i drive in cockpit view.

Just an fyi when you first start up Race go to Options/Visual Settings and turn off Real Seat Positions. With it off you can better adjust the FOV in cockpit view.

I also set my Up, Down, Left, Right keys on my keyboard for seat adjustment rather than using the mouse method.

Always driven in cockpit view even with my old single screen.
And i must admit with triple screen as good as it is, it does have its drawbacks, you become more aware of the things around you and at times are more cautious in your racing turning into a corner.

I was always told bonnet view was quicker and it may be, but it just don't feel right to me.
When i first started racing I was on another website were the only option was to race with cockpit view and just thought it was the norm.
I must admit i was surprised to find out that when i got my licence at RD the other views were allowed to be used.

I don't think I'd mind if we were forced into cockpit view as I don't mind it either way. The only reason I use bonnet view is so I can see other cars around me better (single screen). I have done a few races in cockpit view for a change and wouldn't say I'm any faster or slower in doing so. I only use cockpit view in open wheeler and most definitely with rFactor2 as the bonnet view is terrible.

Looks like i'm the only one who uses bumper cam..:cautious:
I think it is right desicion with my single 15,6" laptop screen for me

When i am in single player sometimes i use cockpit view, but with multiplayer i want clear track view as much as possible

Well, I only have a single monitor, with 1920x1080 resolution, so mostly It depends on the car really. I would say it's 50/50. In some cars the front window is to small, so I must use bonnet cam for those. However, I must say, with bonnet cam, I have a better sense where my car is on the road.
But I always try to go for as much as realism as possible. So when I use cockpit view I also drive with no heads-up displays in the car. If I can, I also try to use the car's own rev-shifting thingy.(you know, the thing that tells you when to shift :p)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.