• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Video Card & Internal Hard drive Install?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by bigfoothunter, May 10, 2015.

1. bigfoothunter

bigfoothunter

Ratings:
    +7
    I have 2 separate questions. 1st: I'd like to upgrade in the near future, my video card & add another internal hard drive. I have an Alienware Aurora bought in July of 2010. It's got plenty of everything with a GTX 260 card. It performs great with dam good FFB numbers. Just like to upgrade to a better card, like maybe a GTX 960, 970? Any suggestions and can I install it myself? Watched a video on You Tube on installing & looked pretty easy. Also I have to install a bigger internal Hard drive, my C drive is getting full. I have an 3GB external hard drive with a lot of games on & it works pretty good. Like to install a good internal to transfer & copy my games to, at least a 2GB hard drive. Any suggestions on what specs to buy & is it easy to install myself.
    2nd Question: Is there any software I can buy, besides the Amazon Fire Stick? that transfer anything on the Web to a TV? I have a Fire Stick?, guess that's what it's called, but there's only certain Web sites available. For example, I watch Indy car Practice & Qualifying on the Verizon web site on my PC, & sometimes a movie from a web site not on the Amazon Fire Stick. Be nice to be able to transmit the signal downstairs to a TV & relax while watching, instead of sitting in my office chair for hours & getting a stiff back. Any help will be greatly appreciated on these questions. NOTE: I only ever installed a video card once years ago & it worked. Just hated to buy these items & screw up my PC with either static or faulty install & wind up taking it somewhere anyway, lol. Thank You !!!!