• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.
RD LE MANS SERIES (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation by clicking here.

Very Impressive New GT Sport Night Racing Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,920
    GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 3.png
    A brand new and admittedly rather impressive looking new GT Sport trailer has been released just in time for the Gamescom event, check it out below...

The Gran Turismo series of games are well know for high quality visuals, usually at or close to the top of the aesthetics department when it comes to racing games, however in my personal opinion the developers really look to have knocked it out of the park in this new trailer.

Opinions are subjective by their very nature and of course one man's beauty is another man's disgust, but I honestly feel the way Polyphony have achieved night racing and the way headlights interact with other cars in this trailer to be simply astonishing. I'm that impressed. Ok I appreciate that I tend to lean more to the positive side when objectively looking at sim racing related topics (because despite people constantly knocking our hobby, I do genuinely think it is outstanding and on the cusp of a boom period), but this trailer has really knocked my socks off. Simply stunning. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself...

Now we know that GT Sport will not have dynamic day to night transition in the new title, so don't expect to start a race in the early evening and watch as the sun falls and darkness descends, so it is easier for the developers to really get under the skin of night racing and "bake in" a good static visual of the conditions, and boy do they do a good job of it in this video. How many of the (somewhat limited number of) tracks will get the night racing treatment remains to be seen, at least we now know the Nordschleife will be playable in evening conditions come release day this October 17th.

Seeing as this seems like a bit of a fanboy post I'll even it out somewhat.. that on-board engine / gearbox whine / gearshift noise.. wow that is incredibly shoddy, and that's being polite...

GT Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th.

GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 2.png GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 4.png GT Sport Night Racing Trailer.png

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

Like the trailer? Impressed as I am with night racing in GT Sport? Looking forward to the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +109
    A cross-platform endurance game built on that engine could be pretty sweet. Supaaaaaaaaaaa GEEEEEETEEEEEEEE!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Knoxstar

Knoxstar

Ratings:
    +61
    I noticed the cars being lapped (passed?) were using their turn signal. Very cool, however from what I've seen in the real world, they are signalling to the driver behind which side to pass on. For example, I want you to pass on my left so my left signal is on. In this video they were doing the opposite. They were were signalling right and pulling over to the right. Is this how it's done on the Nordschleife? Did I have too much espresso today?

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. SAGY31

SAGY31

Ratings:
    +2
    Indeed, graphics are very impressive!

Sound on Audi R8 when off throttle is a bit strange, and gear shifting sound is exactly the same as on Nissan GT-R GT3. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Naliport Halulam

Naliport Halulam

Ratings:
    +40
    One of the most impressive graphics I've ever seen :o!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +456
    [​IMG]

Forget what I said about PCARS looking good. This is bloody amazing. And the view in cockpit is actually dark, not like other games that make night too bright

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  7. Newproto

Newproto

Ratings:
    +143
    It's really impressive. :thumbsup:
    Give it to a PC!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  8. Bozz.gee

Bozz.gee

Ratings:
    +265
    We did all have a good laugh at that GTR shifting sounds

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,678
    I noticed that too, nice touch! From what I have seen from the VLN and such, they indicate the way they are going themselves. So if they are staying to the left on corner exit, they indicate left.

I wonder if we can indicate ourselves when driving like that, it would make lapping a lot easier :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. shimon.ifraimov

shimon.ifraimov

Ratings:
    +78
    looks incredible.
    lots of new great racing games coming out this year, which one do i choose ?

11. GTRacer123

GTRacer123

Ratings:
    +2
    This is easily realistic but the thing is that in GT you can't have lots of AI unless this has been upgraded and I'm aware of it. Running 24h events during night time with many cars is super exciting.

12. snyperal

snyperal

Ratings:
    +68
    That's very very pretty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +78
    Keep in mind that it's a replay, in game graphic isn't as good but still impressive.

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    External replay is good, internal cams still suffer from the flickering issue that plagued lightning on GT5 and 6.
    Also, there are only properly working headlights for the main car, immersion killer when there are others on track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mantii

Mantii
    "The speed was ok, but corner too tight." Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    Doesn't look too bad. I like the feel and look of Forza much better however. But what is up with the sounds? Good god all I heard was blowers, lawnmowers, and hair driers with the ridiculous transmission clunk that is just out of place even with all this blowing going on :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Shut Up and Race! Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Looks good. I can't remember if it was GT4 or GT5 on the PS3, but driving LeMans at night was pretty immersive. Driving down the long dark stretch of Mulsanne Straight looking for the next marker to illuminate. Watching distant headlights in the rear view mirror peeking over the landscape. I would actually get that feeling of cruising down a dark highway at night. It was immersive then, so I imagine it will be better with this release. GT Sport is not on my wish list, but who knows I might pick it up eventually.

17. hazardic

hazardic

Ratings:
    +8
    WaPAfaf.png
    boy i'm not a fanboy of entire GT series but gosh - this is the most awesome Nordschleife game night footage i ever seen! I'm a huge fan of Adac 24h and this video looks almost exactly the same as race broadcast!
    Damn, i'm jealous - even pCars 2 didn't impress me much with typical 24h race atmosphere, but this GT Sport video has blown me away. And AC lacks this, and iRacing lacks it, and rF2 lacks it, and.. damn - i can't see a game which could provide exactly what on this video.. my world is ruined

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann

Ratings:
    +193
    As i just wrote at bsimracing .......... ;)
    Lighting, Shading and a natural looking color palette were always the strong side of Gran Turismo. I can't exactly say why, but it looks really authentic and life-like.
    PC racing sims often tend to look some kind of "cartoony" (gMotor2 sims) or "gamey" (e.g. PCARS or the UE4-previews of GTR3/R3E). I wish more sims would nail the authentic look, which GT has perfectly achieved.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +241
    I say yes but my G27 keeps saying NO!:(

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. stingray_SIX_TWO

stingray_SIX_TWO

Ratings:
    +420
    Good lord...they just hit it right out of the park.

• Agree Agree x 1