GT Sport Very Impressive New GT Sport Night Racing Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 3.png

A brand new and admittedly rather impressive looking new GT Sport trailer has been released just in time for the Gamescom event, check it out below...

The Gran Turismo series of games are well know for high quality visuals, usually at or close to the top of the aesthetics department when it comes to racing games, however in my personal opinion the developers really look to have knocked it out of the park in this new trailer.

Opinions are subjective by their very nature and of course one man's beauty is another man's disgust, but I honestly feel the way Polyphony have achieved night racing and the way headlights interact with other cars in this trailer to be simply astonishing. I'm that impressed. Ok I appreciate that I tend to lean more to the positive side when objectively looking at sim racing related topics (because despite people constantly knocking our hobby, I do genuinely think it is outstanding and on the cusp of a boom period), but this trailer has really knocked my socks off. Simply stunning. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself...

Now we know that GT Sport will not have dynamic day to night transition in the new title, so don't expect to start a race in the early evening and watch as the sun falls and darkness descends, so it is easier for the developers to really get under the skin of night racing and "bake in" a good static visual of the conditions, and boy do they do a good job of it in this video. How many of the (somewhat limited number of) tracks will get the night racing treatment remains to be seen, at least we now know the Nordschleife will be playable in evening conditions come release day this October 17th.

Seeing as this seems like a bit of a fanboy post I'll even it out somewhat.. that on-board engine / gearbox whine / gearshift noise.. wow that is incredibly shoddy, and that's being polite...

GT Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th.

GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 2.png
GT Sport Night Racing Trailer 4.png
GT Sport Night Racing Trailer.png

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

Like the trailer? Impressed as I am with night racing in GT Sport? Looking forward to the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

I noticed the cars being lapped (passed?) were using their turn signal. Very cool, however from what I've seen in the real world, they are signalling to the driver behind which side to pass on. For example, I want you to pass on my left so my left signal is on. In this video they were doing the opposite. They were were signalling right and pulling over to the right. Is this how it's done on the Nordschleife? Did I have too much espresso today?

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
I noticed the cars being lapped (passed?) were using their turn signal. Very cool, however from what I've seen in the real world, they are signalling to the driver behind which side to pass on. For example, I want you to pass on my left so my left signal is on. In this video they were doing the opposite. They were were signalling right and pulling over to the right. Is this how it's done on the Nordschleife? Did I have too much espresso today?
I noticed that too, nice touch! From what I have seen from the VLN and such, they indicate the way they are going themselves. So if they are staying to the left on corner exit, they indicate left.

I wonder if we can indicate ourselves when driving like that, it would make lapping a lot easier :)

Mantii

"The speed was ok, but corner too tight."
Doesn't look too bad. I like the feel and look of Forza much better however. But what is up with the sounds? Good god all I heard was blowers, lawnmowers, and hair driers with the ridiculous transmission clunk that is just out of place even with all this blowing going on :laugh:

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
Looks good. I can't remember if it was GT4 or GT5 on the PS3, but driving LeMans at night was pretty immersive. Driving down the long dark stretch of Mulsanne Straight looking for the next marker to illuminate. Watching distant headlights in the rear view mirror peeking over the landscape. I would actually get that feeling of cruising down a dark highway at night. It was immersive then, so I imagine it will be better with this release. GT Sport is not on my wish list, but who knows I might pick it up eventually.

WaPAfaf.png

boy i'm not a fanboy of entire GT series but gosh - this is the most awesome Nordschleife game night footage i ever seen! I'm a huge fan of Adac 24h and this video looks almost exactly the same as race broadcast!
Damn, i'm jealous - even pCars 2 didn't impress me much with typical 24h race atmosphere, but this GT Sport video has blown me away. And AC lacks this, and iRacing lacks it, and rF2 lacks it, and.. damn - i can't see a game which could provide exactly what on this video.. my world is ruined

As i just wrote at bsimracing .......... ;)
Lighting, Shading and a natural looking color palette were always the strong side of Gran Turismo. I can't exactly say why, but it looks really authentic and life-like.
PC racing sims often tend to look some kind of "cartoony" (gMotor2 sims) or "gamey" (e.g. PCARS or the UE4-previews of GTR3/R3E). I wish more sims would nail the authentic look, which GT has perfectly achieved.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 79 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000