1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

vB Search replaced with Custom Google Search

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Should have done this months earlier but couldn't find the correct templates edits anymore. But as of today the mega annoying vbulletin search box is replaced with google search.

In the default search it's hard to find any proper results on your search query. Now simply define the terms of your search, drop them in the box above (in the navigation bar) and google will do the rest for you :thumb:

googlesearch.png

2. Great news thanks Bram. :)

3. Bram

Bram

Lol you also hated the other one? vBulletin is a great piece of software in many ways, but they never found a decent way to implement a good search system.

Google is already our friend for a long time so we better use it :D

4. Lol yeah the VB search engine was always bad. It worked abit if you knew the secret codes how to use it. :D

Edit: Hey is that also new the underlining and info when you type VB?

5. Bram

Bram

Now I finally get a result back on the words "pit babes" :love:

6. Finally, I was complaining on that vb search before, this is such a great stuff :) thanks, it works more then great

7. Sorry but I dont really like it + Ive already got a Goggle search bar just above it
    that did the job the new one does....
    I take it, it would be to hard to have one where there's a switch to choose between the two?(old & new)
    Just a thought anyway, at least here at RD there's upgrades & responses to queries to make sure
    that the site stays up to date & THAT is something I truely do appreciate,
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in.
    BLeeK

8. Bram

Bram

Its not an normal google search bar. It only looks for content in racedepartment.com domain and gives much better results than the vb search :)

And ofcourse you can still use the old search: http://www.racedepartment.com/search.php

9. Lee, it's a forum search powered by Google, not a generic Google search. It's not that noticeable anyway, is it?

The old search was useless. It had the audacity to give me 0 results for a string, while I was looking at that exact string!