rF2 V8's @ Adelaide - Sunday 6th of July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the racing line through turn 8(I think)? It's the slow 1st gear or 2nd gear right hander onto the first back straight. There's curb on the inside with enough room between it at and the fence on the inside, and also a curb on the outside with enough room between it and the outside fence. I've been going between the two curbs, but don't see a racing line.

Hi!
Sign me up for this event.Someone has to fill it up :)

Very recently I discovered rFactor, have tried it before but found it difficult to drive then. Yesterday Kristoffer (team mate) helped me out and now it's a completely different game and I DON'T want to miss it! :D
Don't think these V8 monsters are the best for a newcomer but it would be a shame not to try :) Still have a lot to learn about the game, pitstops and so on...

1.36.4xx so far but I really don't understand how to do for a full hour without crashing even in the first 10 minutes :)

@Mikael - Pretty much the same for me as I'm just getting started with rFactor. Our times are pretty similar. An hour is going to be a long time to keep it "between the lines". And in the dark no less. :)

I had never driven either the V8s or Adelaide before and it was a hoot trying to manage all that power. Great combination. :thumb: Plus, I had forgotten how much fun it is to hang out the tail on a rwd after driving only fwd for the past few months.:)

Now, the next thing to figure out is pit stops...

Glad we had the server up today as I needed to work through a problem. Thanks!

Hope the server will be up tomorrow as I didn't have time to run any laps tonight...

I was finally able to connect, but it turned out that the V1.2 patch I downloaded was corrupted somehow. The size was only 128K and I didn't even get an error when installing it. Downloaded the file again and it was 3.6MB this time and installed fine.

Before getting the V1.2 patch installed I got these errors in case anyone else has problems:

Steve Emmons "BA.HDV" or Track Config" mismatch: will be kicked from race.

Steve Emmons "V8Factor.rfm" mismatch: will be kicked from race.

Those are the messages you get when you did not install the track or not installed it the right way.
You will never get an installation error because you normally have to devine the dir where to install.
Nothing weird here Steve, it happens :character0008:
Glad you got it right now.
THe server will run till after the race sunday, so enjoy :drive:

Patrick,
I may have to withdraw from this event. I have spent days now trying to install this damn Historic Gt Mod (without success so far) and now I may have buggered up my rFactor game completely.

Never had so much trouble with a mod install before, always follow the instructions and it works. Not this one. :Cry:

After re downloading the Mod from another source, I finally have success with the Historic Mod. Don't know if I'll get V8 factor up and running in time though. I'll try to be there but don't count on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back