1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC V8 Supercars ...what hapened to the motor sounds?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Jeff Huber, Mar 4, 2016.

1. I know the V8 Supercar came out for free or whatever a little while ago , and honestly I never got the DLC with it included because of the motor sounds. It sounds like a Honda Civic! So I come across a video of a V8 supercar in Pcars that was posted about a year ago by this guy , and it sounds great! What happened , and why did they change it to the corny V6 sounds or whatever?

Listen to what it is like now , and then watch this video and see how they had it before. For the love of Pete!!....why would you change it to the sounds it has now? I don't get it. Am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ouvert

Premium Member

well it doesn`t sound like Civic at all but yep ... it is not good and frankly never was
  3. Another broken promise? Deliberate overselling?
  4. In the video I posted above , it didn't sound all that bad , and actually thought it sounded pretty good. But now? I still don't understand why they would replace the first sound file with what they have now. It sounds nothing like a V8 supercar.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The problem is that you are comparing apples and pear as the car in the video is not a v8 supercar, but a Mustang Boss 302R1 gt4. it uses a crossplane crank and gets that deep tone. V8 Supercars use flat plane cranks and rev higher and sound different.
    Still I agree that the sound is far from good. iRacing sounds better

flat crank vs crossplane explained. (@1:24)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1