rF2 V8 Supercars @ Spa-Francorchamps - Monday May 30th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
V8s_f_640.jpg

(Flyer courtesy of Can Ozcelik)

Server name: RACEDEPT.COM V8 CLUB
Mod: V8Factor Unleashed Beta V0.9 + 2010 Unleashed Season Add-On (Download links are at the bottom of each of the posts)
Track: Spa-Francorchamps

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes, BTCC-esque Second Race Reverse Grid (See Note 1 for details))

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes:

1. A reverse grid will be used to determine the grid for race 2 based on the system currently in use for BTCC. The amount of cars to be reversed will depend upon the last digit of the winner's race time and is as follows:

0 and 1: Top 6 reversed
2 and 3: Top 7 reversed
4 and 5: Top 8 reversed
6 and 7: Top 9 reversed
8 and 9: Top 10 reversed

2. The engine upgrades should be left as the manufacturer's engine and not changed to the driver's engine, as the driver's engine upgrade will produce 3-5BHP less than the manufacturer's one.

3. We are not using the WV8S11 League Mod. Please make sure you have a separate install with the V8Factor Unleashed Base Mod + 2010 Unleashed season add-on which you can find above.

• If you intend to race please copy and paste the sign up list and add your name to it. Do the same if you are pulling out but remove your name.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]66[/signuplist]

Events will stay at the same time to best suit all timezones in Europe. :)

Quali: Got a good lap in but found myself in 5th, just behind the leaders.

Race 1: Decided to accelerate on the 5th red light so had to slam brakes on, put it back into neutral and as I was revving engine again, the lights went out so I got a poor start and David got past before turn 1. I held it out wide and went around the outside of him to regain 5th by the exit and followed the front 4 to Eau Rouge but I was already a little way back. Thankfully, it allowed me to take Eau Rouge at my normal speed so on the exit I was carrying a lot more speed than those in front and I was able to pass Daniel on the straight and get close to Wayne. I followed Wayne for a few laps and knew I was quicker but I just couldn't find a way past and then into the Bus Stop, I hit the brakes a bit late and went straight on, narrowly avoiding Wayne. Rejoined 5th and the following lap I did the same again. Chased hard and eventually caught up to the back of the leaders and when Wayne had a huge moment in Eau Rouge, I took fourth. I was unable to make any more progress and finished 4th, less than 3 seconds behind the winner. :)

Race 2: This time I started 6th and made a better start but had to slam on the brakes to avoid the cars in front which got a slow one. Out of La Source I found myself in third. Teemu crashed off at Eau Rouge right in front of me so I then closed up to Tony and challenged him for the lead and eventually took it around the outside of the second part of Fagnes and sealed the deal on the inside into Stavelot. Tony didn't give up and re-took the lead into the Bus Stop, so I followed him through there and then again around La Source. I lined him up to pass him on the exit of Eau Rouge but he went off into the wall, promoting me to the lead. Daniel was chasing me and I managed to open up a little gap before losing it all again. Then after a few laps he lost some ground and I opened up a 2 second lead which I managed to extend to 3 seconds by the end of the race. :)

Thanks for racing :)

Q
I managed to get 10s off of my offline practice PB and very pleased with 2nd spot on the grid.

Race 1
I closely followed Kjell in the first 2 laps, when he did his only mistake of the race, going wide of Blanchimont and allowed me to take the lead. My goal from there was to keep a fast pace and not to do big mistakes, which I did. Second win here at RD, or first with a field larger than 4 cars :).

Race 2
After a cautious turn 1 I kept my position in the back of the field, behind David, which had very good braking, countering my attempts to overtake him. Few laps later he did a mistake, also on Blanchimont and I was on way to catch the leading pack, which had a good gap in front. But although I was timing very good laps (under 2'20"), I couldn't get close and challenge at least the 4th place.

As a bottom line, I am amazed I could hold the beast on the track at all time. One of the favorite cars. Vruuuuuum
Thanks all for the pleasant evening. Till next race.
GRAB_030.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea