rF2 V8 Supercars @ Melbourne - Monday March 21st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Im really sorry to Peter D, it was utter stupidity and I was in a world of my own, missed my braking then swung left hoping to avoid you and the guy in front but instead hit the back of you.

Race 1 was good made up about 9 positions to 10th.

And again apologies to Peter, really rusty from me dude.

A night for apologies.
R1 - clipped Jeff in turn 4. Waited for him to restart, managed to get to the finish without being lapped which was a bonus.
R2: Got shoved onto the grass at turn one, got it back together but nudged Rafa. Waited for him to get going, but he was flashing his lights - not sure if he meant carry on or *&$£***. Went deep into a sand trap and managed to take Rich out when rejoining whilst trying to avoid Rafa.
I hit so many cars tonight I'm surprised I got to the finish.
Sorry to Rich, Rafa and Jeff. hope I didnt spoil your enjoyment too much.

Great first race, terrible second race.

Race 1: Great battles with Emigdio, Toby and James. Emigdio came close in the end but I could hold on to my 1st position and won the race.

Race 2:
One of the drivers completely missed the braking point and did a reckless move into turn 3, and hit my car very hard, and after that a couple of other cars also hit me, so at that moment I thought my race was over.
Luckily my engine was still alive, but my suspension was very bad now and the car was pulling to the left, which made the car hard to control and I was back to position 20.
I gained a lot of positions and was heading for a 6th place finish, until I made a stupid mistake by losing the rear while touching the grass in turn 5, which sended my car into the wall. I still had to drive 4 laps, and my car was now completely undrivable, and I lost about 5 seconds per lap, and finished 10th.

The racing itself was great though, thanks for the races.

whatta races indeed :p

Q: well my computer froze.. dont really know why.. in WTM there is much more people driving and i have no problems.. well maybe it was the track, maybe the mod. anyway missed Q and was last

R1: started last 28th and after start and first corner was behind Eggbeer 22th.. after first lap i was 17th.. it was looking good.
after lap2 i was 15th, and had Lee palmer and Adam Vaughan battling in front of me, on lap4 i got past Lee by T2, he breaked so early that i almost cought me by a suprise.. but went inside of Lee and got past him. lap 6 got past Ryan and was still following Vaughan who was following Andy Bonar.. Got past Bonar and in finish i was 12th.. pretty good rise from bottom

R2. rFactor stopped working just after i crossed finish line in 5th place.. so no replay here to back me up but managed to get fifth in start and kept that place whole race.. was once 4th but i was overtaked in last few laps :)

Nice Races indeed! wish to see many as possible in upcoming season.. and wishing to see myself there too :)

Epic, epic fun ! This is such a great mod ! I'm all grinning now.

Qualification : Terrible ! Made errors on my own, then traffic happened, couldn't pull off anything out of the hat. Sad coz I was gunning for Top 10 spot on the grid. Ended up 18th.

Race 1 : Decent start, but something happened up ahead, so I had to be extra careful on the brakes. I did bumped a few cars gently here and there until the race settled down into a proper race, but nothing major I think. Still sorry for those that I might have shaken up a bit. Anyways, I got dropped behind coz I was a bit too cautious in the first two laps and people took advantage of the fact that I kept a bit of space to the car upfront. No biggie, once the race started being a normal race and not 3-wide all the time, I started to crawl my way back up. Had some negative emotions piled up in me thou, so as I crawled my way back up, I think I've scared few people a bit, even thou there was no contact. Took a seriously insane and crazy dive-bomb attacks onto Adam Eggbeer and I think a portugese driver who were with us two. That sort of calmed me down and I started proper racing. Sorry for those moves guys - nerves due to bad qually coupled with my insanely numb brake feeling kinda made those things possible.
As race progressed, I ended up pretty high up to board, considering that I've started 18th and dropped back to 21st after the first 2 laps. But then, just as I saw the finish line, I ran outta fuel :( So - dropped back to 18th for the next one. Pretty big failure if you ask me.

Race 2 : Starting 18th, this time I thought I try to be a tad bit more aggressive and don't let cars sneak in between me and my pray. It didn't work flawlessly, but I was soon 13th, gunning down for Mr. Eggbeer again. *Nom-nom* I was thinking. Muchacho-Butchacho span out infront of us and soon after that Eggbeer ran wide. 1 lap - 2 positions, both well known drivers around here. I was happy as a kid on Christmas. Running 11th, gave a position to James, coz there was no point in fighting someone who's 2 seconds a lap faster then you I thought, but soon after that another pair of cars spun out infront and I was starting to catch up to the 9th place. I just settled in my rythm without thinking too much and after few laps, what do I see - Duivelaar struggling a lot. He must have took some damage somewhere coz I was way faster then him on the straights. He beats me at braking and turning, hands down on that, but he couldn't do much to defend at a straight piece of road. I ended up overtaking him just before the 20 minutes mark ran out. I was 9th, had enough fuel to finish, and I was up the heavens from joy. Now I can add to my signature "I overtook Duivelaar once !", which of course, will make my ePenis around here grow gigantic :D

Really epic races guys ! Thanks for all that participated and I apologize if I've caused a few white hairs on your heads.
Cheers !

Just watched the replay
Ericks Off was just fabulous - i imagine he wanted to recover but at the same time not to loose too much.
And the V8 game him the kiss of death.
I saw guys dodging to the right side and then Erick bounced off the wall and gave no chance to Chris Who again went to the left right on my path.
In slow motion i saw his car slam tot he wall in front of me and then a moment to disaster he rotated just at the second when i was about to hit him...
Good racing after all and once again thanks for the nice racing evening.

Qualie was worse than practice, so i was lucky to line up 9th.

Race 1: Rubbish start, but picked up a few places along the way (including a heart-stopping moment when Gary was in the middle of track recovering from an off!) and wa slucky to end up 5th after Konrad wasn't helped by a backmarker.

Race 2: Slightly better start this time (not saying much!) but i was forced wide onto the grass at T1 and had to gently ease the accelerator on, only to get caught up in the incident where Peter was taken out at turn 3. I tried to take evasive action, but only ended locking up and causing a traffic jam, plus damaging mine & Peter's cars. Sorry about that Peter, wrong place at the wrong time! Cut the circuit at the chicane and lost a place when rejoining. With Adam right behind i tried to make some progress, but quick guys like Peter & James were catching up fast. Ended up chasing Lee for most of the race, but just didn't have enough in the tank to do anything about it.

Overall, nice tight racing, and quite clean despite the constrictive track. Looks like the V8's are going to be quite popular for some time to come.
Thanks Adam & RD

Really needed more practice with these things. Was restricted for time through the practice sessions and even half of quali.

Quali: Did 1 lap, which I spun on and was in 25th place.

Race 1: Great start and picked my way through. Was in 17th for a long time before I ran wide at turn 8 and hit the wall. Suspension damaged and the car would only go right. Lost a couple of spots, gained a few and finished in 16th.

Race 2: Another good start but had to avoid Lee who was knocked sideways by someone braking a bit late in turn 1. That allowed several cars to get past but I kept going and found myself in 11th at the end of the first lap. Was following Ross and then lap 2 I hit the wall at turn 8 again so more suspension damage. Basically stayed in about that position for the rest of the race. Some cars got past, some went off allowing me back past but the car was awful on the brakes with the damage so was not really trying to fight people off. Finished 13th.

Set my PB in the race with suspension damage and dodgy braking so I know I got plenty more speed in me.

Thanks guys for racing :)

well first time in these cars for me,and it showed

R1 car started to over heat smoking out the cars behind found my grille tape 40%
so i quit out not to spoil anyones race

R2 started from the back started making some head way through the pack,only to find my breaks overheating
and the beast just would not stop,so a bit more time for me on race setup

thanks to all and RD

ps had time to watch the first race i must say great racing from the 4 drivers at the front.

LOL :D
Well, that was my best performance in RD so far. I hope I can make that pace stick, but knowing what's next for me - WTM @ Salzburg, I kinda doubt it.

Watched both races replays and I gotta say, pretty exciting stuff out there. Good material for a V8 intro movie for sure.

:D fantastic racing guys.. even that there were few big impacts somewhere during races :)

Im happy that i could make such a great performance in both races and didint have major bumbs and hits with anyone.. 28th to 5th in two 20min races :) im happy about that.. it's nothing like Anders Nilsson's performance in Pukekohe thou :p

What an exciting race start it is in these cars... everyone seemed on form.

Never have i enjoyed coming in 15th so much before LOL....race one was brilliant me and Adam were lapping the same lap after lap. Amazed i kept it together tbh as not been in the car too much.

Got a disconnect in race 2 just as it turned from warm up :(

good race

bad start, I made several mistakes that put me last, but finally arrives 16º.

the second race, very funny. from position 16 in the first lap I could put 6º, Behind Ojala ... chasing him until the end of the race. in the last laps finaly i could overtake him and got the 4º position.

thx for the race

Hi, first of all thank you for this event was great and very fun!

1 RACE, I was third and I won a position at the start, great struggle between Top 3 for several laps. Peter eventually escaped and got over 2sec but it seems they missed a few time in the last laps, not enought to lost the first position, peter good race!

2 RACE, I was started seventh with the reverse grid. I made a good start on the outside and i come out third on the first corner. After several attempts to overtake to first two drivers I get the first position. Toby came hard from behind and no taxes to let me relax, but I can easily control the distance between us. At the end a good win!

See you at the next drivers!

PD: If posible, can we get report of race or race replay? thnx

The race was incredible.

The first came out eighth and got fifth place me an error but I did finish a grat race 9.

In the second race came out on pole, the truth is that I almost Creek, would not drift much I spend 3 and when we reached the first corner James gives me a touch and lose control.But surprised me wait for me.

Thanks to RD and those who made ​​this race.Sorry for my English but I support the translator.

Good couple of races although I was waaay off the pace today. I dont know if its the mod or the track that doesnt suit me (maybe both :tongue: )

Could only manage 20th in quali

Slow start, being cautious and leaving plenty of room in the braking zone which cost me 2 or 3 places. Was mainly concerned with looking after the tyres and not overdriving them. Got spun a few laps in (no problem Steve. I have been guilty of it as well in other series :) ). Was down in 26th or so after that but managed to pick up some places later on in the race as ppl went off. Finished 20th

Race 2 and got a better start or so I thought, then I saw Chris flying down the inside like he had a rocket attatched to his car. Again kept it cautious into the first few turns, fairly quiet race from there but had a good battle with Kzrysztov in the dying minutes which he just managed to get the better of me, finished 16th.

The 2 races went by very quickly indeed. Had fun. Need to do a couple more of theese before making the decision on wether or not to apply for the V8WS.

Gratz to the winners and podium. Thx to Adz and RD for organising

Qualifying was 2s of my PB, I just couldn't get a clean lap.

Race 1 start was good, made it up to 8th I think, only to be wiped out by Erik who had a crash himself, his car came back across the track and I had nowhere to go but straight into him. That ruined my race. Haven't watched the replay back yet but I doubt there was anything he could do about it.

Race 2 managed to get the clutch in the biting point perfectly, and got a really good start. Made up further positions in the mess in turns 1 & 2 after a few mistakes from other people. Was running OK but then I dropped it, bit too much power which sent me into a wall, puncturing both left tyres and heavy suspension damage

Me and Adam Vaughan had a bit of a "battle" at the end of the race. Good fun :)

Cheers to Adam for organising, congrats to everyone who finished, these cars are beasts XD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back