V8 Stock Cars Clutch and push-to-pass

Hey,

I have two questions: I upgraded my pedals from standard DFGT to Fanatec CSR Elite and now that I have a clutch I want to use it. :) I think the Brasilian Stock Cars can be upshifted clutchless and only downshifts need the clutch. (as was discussed in an olter thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/brazilian-stock-car-real-onboard.53094/) So I wonder if this is the same ingame, or if my gearbox will blow up if I upshift without clutch? I drove a few lap in this style and all seemed fine, but I want to know if this causes damage over a langer time?

And second I wondered if the AI uses the push-to-pass option? I never noticed them doing it and I don't want to have an advantage, so I never used it too.

A lot of games have tranny wear/damage exp. iracing & rre
I have the same pedals and use a sequential shifter with auto clutch disabled I don't use the clutch at all, I just blip the throttle when shifting up & down and have never had an issue with games that use this engine (rf1/r07/gsc2013)

GSC doesn't simulate any damage from not using the clutch. You can use it all the race (for immersion purposes only) or during start/spins to avoid loosing grip or stalling the engine.

Some titles/mods (like Historic GT, from HistorX) simulates the proper use of clutch, even being based on rFactor engine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.