1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Stock Cars Clutch and push-to-pass

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Christian Militzer, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Christian Militzer

Christian Militzer
    Premium Member

I have two questions: I upgraded my pedals from standard DFGT to Fanatec CSR Elite and now that I have a clutch I want to use it. :) I think the Brasilian Stock Cars can be upshifted clutchless and only downshifts need the clutch. (as was discussed in an olter thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/brazilian-stock-car-real-onboard.53094/) So I wonder if this is the same ingame, or if my gearbox will blow up if I upshift without clutch? I drove a few lap in this style and all seemed fine, but I want to know if this causes damage over a langer time?

And second I wondered if the AI uses the push-to-pass option? I never noticed them doing it and I don't want to have an advantage, so I never used it too.
  2. I dont think any racing game i know of simulates tranny wear/damage.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester

A lot of games have tranny wear/damage exp. iracing & rre
    I have the same pedals and use a sequential shifter with auto clutch disabled I don't use the clutch at all, I just blip the throttle when shifting up & down and have never had an issue with games that use this engine (rf1/r07/gsc2013)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GSC doesn't simulate any damage from not using the clutch. You can use it all the race (for immersion purposes only) or during start/spins to avoid loosing grip or stalling the engine.

Some titles/mods (like Historic GT, from HistorX) simulates the proper use of clutch, even being based on rFactor engine.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Christian Militzer

Christian Militzer
    Premium Member

Okay thank you all! :) I thougth that there would be a better clutch simulation. So I will use the clutch for immersion on downshifts!