Resource icon

Plugins Usable Inspection Lift 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mazen91 submitted a new resource:

Usable Inspection Lift - A mod which makes the car lift at the inspection shop usable.

Next time you fail the inspection and want to check your fuel lining just leave the car on the lift.

Use the arrow keys while looking at the front right pillar to raise and lower the platform.

You will have to consider the shop opening ours though. But don't worry, Lindell won't lock you in. The garage door will stay open until you leave.

Read more about this resource...

In my opinion the pit is sufficient. And the common finnish '95 household probably doesn't have an eletric carlift at home :)
I picked the idea to make the lift usable up from the forums. I think if there is a lift already it doesn't harm to make it usable, but another one at home would probably be too much.

Last edited:
Few things to check:
  • Do you have the newest verson of ModLoader installed?
  • Have you copied the dll and the assets folder from the zip in the correct Mod directory?
  • Make sure you are standing near the front right pillar of the lift. Look at the black box and use the arrow keys to move the lift.
On a side note:
I'm currently trying to add a lever to the pillar so it's clear where to look. That lever will then be moved by using left and right click. But that's to come in hopefully a few days.

Last edited:
You mean the humming noise?
Deleting the liftmotor.wav file from "Assets\UsableInspectionLiftMod" should do the trick.

But why would you like to have it removed? Is it too loud? Sounds weird?

You mean the humming noise?
Deleting the liftmotor.wav file from "Assets\UsableInspectionLiftMod" should do the trick.

But why would you like to have it removed? Is it too loud? Sounds weird?
no for me atleast it is like a very pitchy noice. dont know might just be something with my headset or something

Mazen91 updated Usable Inspection Lift with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Added:
  • An animated lever to control the lift.
Instead of using the arrow keys now, you have to look at the lever and hold the left or right mouse button. Upon releasing the mouse button the lift will stop at that position.

Something came to my mind when testing this:
What happens when you lift your car up and then ask Lindell to inspect your car? I couldn't test it since my car is already inspected.
But there is a small but real possibility that he pushes your car right...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm currently working on somehting different that takes up my time.
But replacing the sound is as easy as replacing the liftmotor.wav. Just make sure that your sound loops good.

Could you possibly add an option to be able to open and close the Lindell inspection shops door? My DankSuma is stuck inside until tomorrow :(

96A470A7BBD78D87464A81C9AC2D82FBDF82F3AA

Also, awesome handle. Not the model I had in mind though. I've seen on 2 post lifts here in the U.S just a chrome cylinder with a red ball at the end. Similar to this, however the ball is black in this example:

I12-Two-Post-Lift-Forward-Lift.jpg

Not sure if this is possible, but if you could make some sort of detection box on the lift for the Satsuma? Then link it to the door open/close so the player can only open the door if their Satsuma is inside? That'd be awesome! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thats weird. When I was testing the mod, the doors wouldn't close even if my car was standing in front of the shop. So I thought that would be an implemented game mechanic already.

Seeing that it's obviously not the case I'll look into it :)

Thats weird. When I was testing the mod, the doors wouldn't close even if my car was standing in front of the shop. So I thought that would be an implemented game mechanic already.

Seeing that it's obviously not the case I'll look into it :)

It could of been that I saved my game and then came back? Also I use a combination of @Roman266's cheat menu and @haverdaden's noclip plugin. Possibly teleporting or noclipping into the area might of caused it? Either way, I still think it would be awesome if we could open/close the door ourselves. Provided the Satsuma is inside, on the lift. No idea how much work that'd be, or even if it's worth it. Just an idea to throw out there. Thanks again! :D

(edit) I just loaded in and the door is open now. So it's definitely not saving and loading back in, I think it's due to teleporting/noclip into the area like I did with the cheatmenu/noclip plugin. Would there be any way to fix it? Sorry about that, I hope you make the door open-able still! It'd be neat.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back