US events back on the schedule....

I would be joining in but my pedals have become messed up again (fanatec standard pedals) I need to fix them... which is easy. But I want to replace the screws and grab a properly sized screw driver for them as I have been tearing up the threads with each fix.

I'll be back at some point when I have the money.

Well what I've seen so far is that the US events are not as popular as the EU events even though they are the same. And this is after we all complained for more US events to return. I was one of them, but entering a event with only two people well just is no point so i drop out. I think US crowd might have different interests eg. I Racing maybe, i may be wrong. As far as I'm concerned the new Racing Staff are doing a fantastic job trying to accommodate both EU and US but I'm starting to think we are wasting their time. Or I'm i wrong?

Agreed, the staff is doing a good job presenting an array of races for us. Everyone has some classes of car that they're not happy driving and not everyone can race all the time but these are not reasons for lack of driver interest in US events anymore than for the EU. I only drive Simbin[a little iRacing till the subscription expires] and not any of the other titles that are supported here at RD so I don't go into their forums often. Is there a large population of US drivers in those areas, iRacing, rfactor and others? But I don't think it's just an RD thing, other forums don't seem full of drivers from this side of the pond. I must say that for some reason,m aybe language, that there are a number of South Americans racing that run their own races and a few over time have picked up a few races on RD to participate in, one is signed up[the only driver so far] for an event to be run soon.

An excuse often posted is that the US times zones are so many and that makes it difficult for any but a few to be happy with race timing. Again, I just don't see numbers of Simbin drivers here and I do see Simbin drivers spanning several time zones in the EU races also.

I'm truly lucky to be able to race in the EU events and the US ones too. When it comes to a car I don't like I don't care if I miss an EU event but I try to make the US events even if the car makes me puke, lol. I do not enjoy a race with only one other driver but a fun time can be had doing setup or learning/teaching if both are on TeamSpeak. I'm sure others are looking for a large grid also and they hold off on signing up until they see a few drivers at least coming on. We know who we can expect to see signing up usually and there are only a few of us.

It's disheartening that many of the newer title owners have little desire to go onlline and compete, in either public or RD servers. It's not a big thing to step into the PS and take your whacks, much fairer and competitive in RD. Is it they don't want to look bad in front of others? The threads on "driver development" and "meet and race" have been interesting but nothing has happened yet and I would guess that most involvment will once again come from the EU side.

I'm hoping that GTR3 comes out with something to bring US side drivers back, but I don't know if that's the answer.

I think the season has some to do with it as well. During summer periods, the interest for these kind of things is generaly low. Most people choose to have a beer in the gardner rather then spending the evening behing glass in the game room....

Let's hope that the comming winter + the addition in race staff gets attention back a bit.

Lol :) Depends, do you have your racing rig in the backyard? Then I would take a beer if I where you :)

Further I must admit that Simracing showed me the real influence of beer.... Each glas, even the first one, takes time of your best lap time.... Must admit I had not expected that :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back