1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to new build 998

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by JoelGL, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hi, what's the fastest way to upgrade from an older build (ex. b982) to the current b998, without reinstalling all vehicle/location mods? Should it work if I just install the latest Lite version and copy (or pointed them as a junction) the previous Installed and Userdata folders? I tried it but the vehicles & locations don't show up in-game.

2. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

just go to the settings tab on launcher and you can do an auto update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You can also make a separate install and point the user data folder to the existing one. Just select during the install that the user data should be in the same folder. Later you go into ...\installfolder\Core and change the path in the data.path file.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The auto-update worked flawlessly for me.

I don't know why it needed to re-install DX9 but all is good with rF2.

5. Another vote for auto-update.

I usually do the lite install only once every 9-12 months as a file cleaning exercise.

6. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

7. Stenne

Stenne
    Premium Member

Updated via the Launcher "on top of" my old installation.
    Everything worked fine. No problems with my plugins (DeltaBest, Track Map, Motec, Pedal Overlay, Sim Utils). They worked just like before the update without me having to do anything. Same with installed cars and track.