Upgrade Path Advice

After wandering the internet for what feels like for ever, I thought i would ask for any advice/opinions on my planned upgrade route.
My current set up is Rseat RS1 Rig, T500 RS, Fanatec V3 pedals, Fanatec Shifter

When I bought the pedals my aim was to switch to a full Fanatic set up with the V2.5 wheel. However with the advance of the DD wheels I am looking at this as my next step. So, my options as I see them are:
1: Upgrade RS1 with Pro Pedal Upgrade and look at DD wheel later this year (following Podium Series reviews)
2: Upgrade rig to either SimLab P1 or GT1 and then look at DD wheel next year.

Am I likely to lose some of the benefit/fidelity of DD by using the RS1, so making the rig upgrade a priority or do I get the pedal plate upgrade for RS1 (to minimise the flex) and go DD this year? My only other consideration is that given the age of my T500 (which is still performing admirably for such an old wheel) could go at any minute, so a rig upgrade could use up funds if it was to die.

Decisions decisions!
I appreciate any words of wisdom on this.

My rig:
Simlabs P1
OSW 20nm motor
HE ultimate pedals
NLR V3 motion

The OSW is *by far* the best part of the whole setup. It's the main source of feedback, highly adjustable and performs amazing.

I think if you google it, people are running the RS1 with OSW with good success. You might lose a bit of feedback from flex compared to a P1 but you're still looking at a massive upgrade to what you have.

I'd keep the V3 pedals, get an OSW and then pick what works for you after that.

Upvote 0
I would also mention that when you order your P1 (not sure about GT1) you have to choose what kind of wheel deck you want with it. There are different versions depending on whether you have an OSW, Fanatec etc. Therefore, you would be better off already owning your long term wheel to ensure you have the correct mounting solution.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the pointers guys. Having the wheel in place does make sense prior to upgrading the rig.
Now, will my will power hold out to see some reviews if the podium series, or is an OSW going to win??

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes