Upgrade CPU and RAM = improve graphics with no fps penalty?

I have a i7 4790K and a 1080Ti. I have most of my graphics settings set to maximum or very high in Assetto Corsa. I am able to keep constant 80 fps with my Oculus Rift because I merely hotlap alone. Do you think that upgrading my CPU + Motherboard + RAM would allow me to increase the pixels per display and other graphic options to make the game look even better? Or would that upgrade only benefit me in specific situations, such as racing with several cars on screen at the same time?

I have a i7 4790K and a 1080Ti. I have most of my graphics settings set to maximum or very high in Assetto Corsa. I am able to keep constant 80 fps with my Oculus Rift because I merely hotlap alone. Do you think that upgrading my CPU + Motherboard + RAM would allow me to increase the pixels per display and other graphic options to make the game look even better? Or would that upgrade only benefit me in specific situations, such as racing with several cars on screen at the same time?
That depends on what is currently your bottleneck. Is the CPU at 100% while playing Assetto Corsa or is the GPU at 100%?
That being said, increasing the resolution affects the GPU a lot more than the CPU.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea