Unsubscribe from inventory items

Hey guys, I searched a lot online about this but couldn’t find a solution. What I would like to do is to keep a paid item from my inventory unsubscribed and have the possibility to subscribe again whenever I want like any other free workshop content. I find annoying that if I unsubscribe the item will be automatically downloaded again as soon as I start the game. Is this possible or I’m asking too much to Steam and Rfactor? Thanks.

Somewhere in Steam is an option to prevent automatic downloads. But that will also prevent any updates to the core game, tracks or other cars. I'm guessing you like to control your hard drive and don't want Steam over-riding your decision? Perhaps others will post more detailed info, I've never used the process, just read about it. Best of luck.

Thank you, yes there is. I wanted to avoid that because as you said then it becomes too long and complicated to update everything manually. I was wondering why with workshop items you can subscribe and unsubscribe as you wish but with purchased content inventory you can't (or better you can but then the game immediately subscribe you again once you open it).

This suggestion i posted back in July 2019 may help even though it's a somewhat different issue:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea