F1 2012 Unable to select all option tyres in race and qualifying

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
In race and in qualifying sessions I can't select the 5th option tyres. The only option selections I have, in the menu, are 2, 3 and 4, but one of them is usually worn out for the race because I've used it in qualifying. So that doesn't allow me to use soft tyres for 3 times (as the standard strategy pit suggests), and I usually have to use two soft and two hard. Is it intended or is it just me who has this issue? This happens in every mode, career and quick race, and ONLY if I play the practice session.

I'll post a screenshot in case my description wasn't clear enough.

2013_01_30_00099.jpg

The game is in italian, I'm sorry. As you can see, 5 and 1 choices are "greyed out", so I can't select them. In qualifying I will use one and wore it out, making it unusable for race. If this isn't an issue for top teams who reach the final qualifying session (top 10), as the tyre you choose for that session will be the same at the beginning of the race, it is very annoying in all other cases. I understand that one of them (the number 1) HAS to be greyed out due to rules, but what about the 5? Is this intended? If it's not, am I the only one who has this issue?

I find it a bit hard to understand all the F1 rules, so bear with me please.
If I make it into Q3 , but think that I probably cant beat my best Q2 time, or even if I thought I could, it would not give me more than perhaps one grid position better, then can I just put on fresh tires and skip Q3 and go straight to race so I have 100% rubber, or do I have to go out on Q3, and and quit real quick to keep the new tires? Thanks.

I find it a bit hard to understand all the F1 rules, so bear with me please.
If I make it into Q3 , but think that I probably cant beat my best Q2 time, or even if I thought I could, it would not give me more than perhaps one grid position better, then can I just put on fresh tires and skip Q3 and go straight to race so I have 100% rubber, or do I have to go out on Q3, and and quit real quick to keep the new tires? Thanks.

You can simply stay in, that way you can pick whatever tyre set you want. That's how it's working in real-life, at least. Never tried that in-game but it should be the same. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000