Ultimate sound test

Are you seriously complaining that your speakers didn't have an audible signal below 20Hz? The human range of hearing is from 20Hz to 20kHz so everything you hear below that is actually just noise, most likely the flowport creating vortices and thus creating higher harmonies that you are actually hearing..Or your speakers are actually starting to break down creating distortions ie higher harmonics... edit: just tested this and the Youtube compression is the culprit here, not a true test, use the link that i provided..

And since this is not a balanced curve, the 3kHz should be very very loud indeed, that's where our ears are the most sensitive. You can check this by using signal generators, here's one online: http://onlinetonegenerator.com/

NOTE!!!! Pure sinewave is very loud as it does not have any harmonies, it is the most basic form of sound, think of it as the atom of sound. It WILL destroy speakers easier than you will notice as the level seems to be lower than it really is. This is doubly true below the resonant frequency of a reflex type box, that's the one normally used, check this before testing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_reflex if your speakers are built this way (99,9% change that it is...) So you have been warned, set your volume accordingly.. Set the generator to 1kHz, tune your sound levels and don't touch your volume pot after that.. Good luck!

Are you seriously complaining that your speakers didn't have an audible signal below 20Hz? The human range of hearing is from 20Hz to 20kHz so everything you hear below that is actually just noise, most likely the flowport creating vortices and thus creating higher harmonies that you are actually hearing..Or your speakers are actually starting to break down creating distortions ie higher harmonics... edit: just tested this and the Youtube compression is the culprit here, not a true test, use the link that i provided..

And since this is not a balanced curve, the 3kHz should be very very loud indeed, that's where our ears are the most sensitive. You can check this by using signal generators, here's one online: http://onlinetonegenerator.com/

NOTE!!!! Pure sinewave is very loud as it does not have any harmonies, it is the most basic form of sound, think of it as the atom of sound. It WILL destroy speakers easier than you will notice as the level seems to be lower than it really is. This is doubly true below the resonant frequency of a reflex type box, that's the one normally used, check this before testing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_reflex if your speakers are built this way (99,9% change that it is...) So you have been warned, set your volume accordingly.. Set the generator to 1kHz, tune your sound levels and don't touch your volume pot after that.. Good luck!

Well, 30Hz could be better too :p

I designed and built speakers myself quite some time ago, when I was planning them I did do 3-way vs 2-way with reflex tube comparision with some equations and graphs which did show that 2-way reflex would suit better for my usage which is quite low volumes but still needing good low end, car engines is main usage for them.

So I must try and test with care, then, I have no idea how good those actually are, but they seem to be more clear and play lower than anything I have had before, total cost was under 100 euros so they can't be perfect, also tweeter should be changed and separated to make them better.

After several felines release me from captivity, I can test with generator.

edit: That online generator is coded odd way and uses some Firefox 4 exploit/feature/whatever and as Firefox 4 and later are pain to use I never will upgrade from 3.6, but google found sourceforge project which generates wav files of desired frequenzy and with that I could hear 30Hz fine and clear, 20Hz was some sound maybe, but not much to mention about, 15600Hz was highest, but I don't know if it is me or speakers, or 80's Philips amp, or soundcard,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back