F1 2011 Tyre life help!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can someone give me tips on how to make my tyres last longer in a race? Had my German GP completely wreaked by having to do an extra stop cause I was shredding my tyres.

try to be smooth on the brakes so you won't lock up the tyres too much, also when the tyres are almost worn set the fuel mix to lean, so the speed on the straight won't be so high, therefore you can brake less for the turns, and the tyres will last longer.

As has been said go easier on the brakes, be progresive rather than jumping on them. Check your setup.. lots of things there change the rate of wear... Maybe try shifting the balance in the setup depending on whether you are locking the fronts or rears. Camer and Toe can also have a big impact.

This is what I experienced today. 50% race in Montreal. Option-6 estimated laps, Prime-9 estimated laps. On my last pit stop I put in Prime and then less than 2/3 laps before the estimated life the condition is red already and I'm losing too much grip. At the end of the last lap I couldn't hold on and basically spun thanks to pressure from Schumacher and Petrov.

The reason is in almost every lap I locked up on that slowest u-turn corner, so yeah, setup is crucial to your driving style and make sure you lock up less in circuits that has a medium to high tyre wear like montreal.

Latest News

Back