1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Type of controller needed to play F1 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by force india maniac, Sep 20, 2011.

1. What type of a controller is needed to play F1 2010/11 ? I mean does it require 2 analogue sticks,4 direction buttons,8 action buttons,1 start key and 1 select key ? Is any controller having these keys compatible with the game ? I have seen a good controller from Frontech and Enter.

2. [​IMG]

3. This is the one you describe force india maniac as paul has shown you, that will seriously get you around the track fast.

NOT!

not sure why you said a stick haha, they are for flying games not racing games, you can always get a PS2 controller with a converter for whatever platform you are on(although you would have to have Traction Control on Etc... or the best option is buy a steering wheel, the racing is experience is 100% better.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

@Force india: the best way to play racing games is with a steering wheel. If you cannot afford one to buy new you can always have a look in our sim racing marketplace where users of this community sell and buy second hand goods from eachother, click here

5. Well, he doesnt mention which platform he is playing on, budget etc, so I was being a daft. Its early and im still grouchy that the americans are busy playing 2011.

Personally, I use a combination of these controllers -

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Xbox 360 controller (not wireless) works just fine with PC

7. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Bahaa, yes, just as well be with assists on!

8. What I meant to say is any controller having all the buttons of a Xbox 360 or PS3 controller support F1 2011 ?
    I cannot afford a wheel because I am buying a new grapics card-GTX 460.

9. PS3 or xbox controler would work fine.

10. but how you change gears in a PS3 controller? I've never used it for racing game so I'm intereset in this solution.

11. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

12. thanks! it looks hard for me: pushing gas and steer and gear up, you need 3 hands for it :D at least for me it would be hard to get used to it.

13. My virtual hat is tipped to anyone who can play with a joypad with manual gears.

14. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I second that motion.

15. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

I still do on the xbox, until my copy of 2011 turns up for my race pc :p

i bought an xbox wheel, but it hd no ffb, so it was pointless. i built the PC to race 2011 (and rfactor) on instead!

Nothing specuial though,

athlon II x2 255 - 3.1ghz,
    4gb ram,
    ati hd 57?? gpu

doenst need anything bettter gfx wise, im using a projector @ 1600x1200

16. The first one was used by Yuji Ide (my boy) in the Super Aguri 2006 cockpit.

17. Oh, ok then.....

Thats better :D :D

You mean you havent thrown 32gb of Ram at it? Hehe. Nah seriously sounds like a perfectly capable rig for playing console ports.
    I have mild anxiety over my crossfire 4870s capability - or whether I will even be able to run crossfire. In Dirt3 it causes glitches that make the entire track flash like a strobe light when its raining. Holds breath till 00:01 Friday.......im turning blue.....

18. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

well, i built it to runrfactor on, and as a bonus 2011 will too, so im converting.

Back on topic.....

19. I used to have a PC G25 set-up in the spare room until we made room for the arrival of my daughter (a bit more important...), but now i'm manual on console with joypad, I use R1 (change up) and L1 (change down). Not ideal but you get used to it.

20. Xbox controller wire or wireless is good but you will need 10 - 20 laps to get use to it