1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Type of controller needed to play F1 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by force india maniac, Sep 20, 2011.

1. force india maniac

force india maniac

Ratings:
    +0
    What type of a controller is needed to play F1 2010/11 ? I mean does it require 2 analogue sticks,4 direction buttons,8 action buttons,1 start key and 1 select key ? Is any controller having these keys compatible with the game ? I have seen a good controller from Frontech and Enter.

2. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    [​IMG]

3. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    This is the one you describe force india maniac as paul has shown you, that will seriously get you around the track fast.

NOT!

not sure why you said a stick haha, they are for flying games not racing games, you can always get a PS2 controller with a converter for whatever platform you are on(although you would have to have Traction Control on Etc... or the best option is buy a steering wheel, the racing is experience is 100% better.

4. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,289
    @Force india: the best way to play racing games is with a steering wheel. If you cannot afford one to buy new you can always have a look in our sim racing marketplace where users of this community sell and buy second hand goods from eachother, click here

5. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Well, he doesnt mention which platform he is playing on, budget etc, so I was being a daft. Its early and im still grouchy that the americans are busy playing 2011.

Personally, I use a combination of these controllers -

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Xprt98

Xprt98

Ratings:
    +0
    Xbox 360 controller (not wireless) works just fine with PC

7. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    Bahaa, yes, just as well be with assists on!

8. force india maniac

force india maniac

Ratings:
    +0
    What I meant to say is any controller having all the buttons of a Xbox 360 or PS3 controller support F1 2011 ?
    I cannot afford a wheel because I am buying a new grapics card-GTX 460.

9. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    PS3 or xbox controler would work fine.

10. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    but how you change gears in a PS3 controller? I've never used it for racing game so I'm intereset in this solution.

11. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
  12. RossoNeri89

RossoNeri89

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks! it looks hard for me: pushing gas and steer and gear up, you need 3 hands for it :D at least for me it would be hard to get used to it.

13. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    My virtual hat is tipped to anyone who can play with a joypad with manual gears.

14. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,075
    I second that motion.

15. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    I still do on the xbox, until my copy of 2011 turns up for my race pc :p

i bought an xbox wheel, but it hd no ffb, so it was pointless. i built the PC to race 2011 (and rfactor) on instead!

Nothing specuial though,

athlon II x2 255 - 3.1ghz,
    4gb ram,
    ati hd 57?? gpu

doenst need anything bettter gfx wise, im using a projector @ 1600x1200

16. jowak

jowak

Ratings:
    +0
    The first one was used by Yuji Ide (my boy) in the Super Aguri 2006 cockpit.

17. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Oh, ok then.....

Thats better :D :D

You mean you havent thrown 32gb of Ram at it? Hehe. Nah seriously sounds like a perfectly capable rig for playing console ports.
    I have mild anxiety over my crossfire 4870s capability - or whether I will even be able to run crossfire. In Dirt3 it causes glitches that make the entire track flash like a strobe light when its raining. Holds breath till 00:01 Friday.......im turning blue.....

18. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    well, i built it to runrfactor on, and as a bonus 2011 will too, so im converting.

Back on topic.....

19. MonzaMania

MonzaMania

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to have a PC G25 set-up in the spare room until we made room for the arrival of my daughter (a bit more important...), but now i'm manual on console with joypad, I use R1 (change up) and L1 (change down). Not ideal but you get used to it.

20. Kimi450

Kimi450

Ratings:
    +4
    Xbox controller wire or wireless is good but you will need 10 - 20 laps to get use to it