TX TPA pro pedals on PC.

apex11

@Simberia
So currently have my TX racing wheel FFB set up to my PC (and XBOX ONE, less so now i have a PC and raceroom), i want to upgrade the standard pedals to the TPA PRO's.
Simple question, is it just a case of buying them and swapping over the pedals ie still jusst plug them into the wheel base and off i go?
Or is it more complex?

Easiest thinng possible my friend.
simply unplug your t3pa's from the wheel base, obviously unplug it first.
Then plug in the t3pa pro's, power up your TX base and calibrate them using thrustmasters own software.
Also remember to recalibrate the new pedal set ingame and you're on your way to quicker laptimes...

Good luck out there. SCOOBY

Upvote 0
So they came and mega simple to add them on. Only real issue is that my racing seat set up is too narrow really for the pedal set, a real shame, i can work around it to a degree but a bit annoying. No fault clearly of the TPA pro's, but an annoyance.
Love the pedals they are a nice piece of kit for £117.
Only thing slightly strange is the throttle pedal isn't as tight as the brake and clutch pedal? I can rectify it with a rubber ball like Jimmy Broadbent, but still a bit odd its so light as standard.

Upvote 0
So glad that you've got your pedals.
How are you fstening the pedals to your rig, F1 or GT style?
Reason why i ask is I had a similar issue and had to compromise by removing the framework to make mine fit.
I'm stuck in F1 style but it's no big issue lol.
Don't quote me on this but i'm sure that I heard of a way of stiffening the throttle pedal by changing the spring to a stiffer one, maybe by repurposing the included brake mod spring??

Upvote 0
Yes was thinking of removing bits to make it fit, but i'll leave it for a bit, too new to go ripping it apart!
It's workable as it is just that they are a tad to close to me as i would like.
Yes the throttle pedal needs a rubber ball behind it i'd adapted the normal standard pedals very crudely with rubber and sponge so actually i had to re learn throttle sensitivity and modulation with the TPA pro's!
I'll sort it though. The brake even without the brake mods is awesome! Sadly cant seem to fit the brake mod onto the throttle pedal fittings?

Did my first ever rookie iRacing race last night as well on them, came 6th out of 12 drivers in the MX-5 and the was after being punted off on 2nd lap!

Upvote 0
Only thing slightly strange is the throttle pedal isn't as tight as the brake and clutch pedal?
Actually, the T3PA Pro has the same spring for the clutch and throttle due to the reversibility. The difference in muscle strength of your legs is tricking you (just as it did with me back in the days). :)

Upvote 0
Hey Gas out of interest which of the brake mods were you thinking of fitting to the throttle? I would assume the spring but you never know lol.
I would have thought you could have fastened it down using the top screw holes, however I'm looking at getting a spring upgrade kit that I've seen online which includes a progressive spring for the clutch pedal. If it pans out I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
cool cheers let me know about that, i have been using a rubber dog ball but it every so often falls off which is fine in single player as i can pause it, but on line and iRacing it is a pain. So back to drawing board i think maybe the route of some sponge for a quick cheap dampening effect on the throttle sensitivity.

Upvote 0
Hey there, now I need to ask a favour if you don't object?
I can't explain why but i'm having major issues locking down my FFB settings ( wheel and ingame, AC / DIRT), any chance you can give me an idea of a decent starting off point?
I seem to be constantly making adjustments that are only making the experience worse rather than better...

Regards

Upvote 0
Well regards AC i find i really don't play it as much as raceroom and iRacing but i found on AC its 90% ffb overall then about 50-70 road noise and 50-70 kerbs. Thats it then per car may ajust up or down and on TX control panel its all as default.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back