1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Two things

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Boby Kim, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    Im driving Spa 1966 with track buildup: natural progression and time rate = 1x
    Say half way my first out lap i crash:whistling: and via esc -> start i start again in the pits. When i enter the track i already see a driving line...Dont know who laid it there but it wasn't me:unsure:.

Second item: clutch. Im practising the Brabham with my H shifter and clutch. I have disabled all aids including manual clutch. But still im able to shift without using the clutch:O_o:....what is the aid for?

O yeah...if some devver read this; please fix the replay "shadow contact to ground thing". Cars float over the track without toughing the wheels:rolleyes:.Great sim good work:thumbsup:

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater Premium

Ratings:
    +3,189
    There where no AI on track I assume for question 1?

Question 2. In your own car, you can shift without a clutch as well. Now try it for a lot of laps in a row. Then the mechanic failure should come.
    Also, try stopping without pressing the clutch (or do a real good spin in the dirt). The car will stall then, and you have to restart it (make sure to map a key or button for it ;0).

The shadow thing is under attention of the devs. They are working on it. No clue when it will be fixed though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    i didn't know that not using the clutch would cause mechanical failures, i will try that on an offline test to see what happens :thumbsup:

4. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    Hi Marco, Im not aloné on the track, there are AI cars but they did not finish a single lap in the time i crash and come back on track.
    Concerning the clutch....Im not going to try shifting without my clutch pressend in my private car...that Would ruin my gearbox. But i didnt know about the failure.
    *edit*: today i tested it. I had a practice session with multiple (10) AI cars. I went out 3rd. After 1 full lap at Spa, *plop* the full driving line was there. Apparently the game show's the bitmap after x time or rounds, but it looks very "cheap". Im not interested in high tech side track graphics like building etc. What i do care about are the on track graphics. I do not have to look at marbles, but a nice driving line would be great. I understand that the track dries up after rain. It takes lots of rounds and slowly the track starts to dry up. With the driving line it should be the same. A very slow build up. Anyways, ISI has about ten thousand things to do i guess...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater Premium

Ratings:
    +3,189
    I will check into the issue at Spa, and report it if I can reproduce.

About that drying line... Try to have a WET race, with 40 cars on track... Almost impossible, unless it POORS rain. Otherwise, it dries up pretty quick. There are a lot of factors involving the racing line and dry line. I will see what I can dig up ;)