1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two more thaangs....

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by 2o6, Dec 31, 2010.

1. 2o6

2o6

Been pretty busy over winter break.

I have been working on two more projects for RACER

First: Aviva Kenosha - a subcompact that places more emphasis on price, value, and comfort rather than style or dynamics. Power will come from a 1.3L engine producing 100HP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots of room (rear seat may have to come forward; headroom is a bit iffy)

[​IMG]

Second: Aviva Viten (or LaPeuda, haven't chosen a name yet)

A rakish C-segment sedan/coupe slotting above the allegro in price and performance, but smaller inside than the subcompact Kenosha. Think VW CC but Jetta based instead of Passat based. Power comes from a 3.0L V6 at the front wheels (possibly AWD, not sure yet).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Both look good, for the second one you could do a normal FWD model and a sportier AWD model :)

3. Nice!

4. how do you put wheels on it?

5. 2o6

2o6

Started two new models, a Hatchback, and a sedan counterpart.

Made some real progress today...got a lot of the interior done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Made progress on this one.....the hatch will be the sportier, more driver focused car, while this sedan will will be about comfort, space, and value.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Very nice.. love the funky interior :)

7. 2o6

2o6

Made some sporty little rims today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I messed with the proportions, and I'm trying to make it better looking. Now the oversize puts it directly comparable to a Camry.

[​IMG]

However, these wheels only really look good on FWD, tall-ish cars. On the RWD coupe I'm in the process of, they look goofy.....

[​IMG]

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Oooh, nice rims :)

9. great rims!

10. 2o6

2o6

I scrapped those.

IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/Vannette_12/hjhkhh.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 2o6

2o6

Last updates for a little while:

Small hatch. Just really refining the shape. Remodeled the rear, to exaggerate the rear reverse kink. Started on the interior. Made wheel arches round, created dead panel at the rear window. Now it'll realistically roll down. Added mirrors. New seats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small boxy hatch. Since I really had gotten very far on this car, I wanted to save it. I straightened out the roofline and made a sort of xB or Cube to the small hatch. Boxier, more practical than the hatch, but not as good to drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. that a very cheeky car :D

13. not sure i like your taste in design yet, but they are definitely unique looking.

14. 2o6

2o6

I've done some serious work on these, most notably on the inside. The hatch is getting closer and closer to being done. I think the "eyeliner" at the rear of the hatch looks good, but I'm not too sure how well it works on the other two variants. For the interior, I used Japanese Toyotas and Hondas for inspiration; not only for simplicity and ease of modeling, but for design as well. Some new interiors are really fussy. I removed the huge digital information readout for gauges, and went for a more traditional analog clusters. (Speedo will still be digital)

Also, I started to make other variants, most notably a sedan and station wagon. I wanna make a 3-door, too.

Flat, two point perspective side view. Keep this in mind; it makes overhangs look longer than they are.

[​IMG]

Hatch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sedan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wagon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior
    [​IMG]

Not too sure how the "eyeliner" works on the sedan.

15. 2o6

2o6

Rudimentary texturing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Folding metal top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Hmmm now it looks more proportional, looks better!

I would suggest you to do another front grille design, cause actual remembers a lot a nose of a pig face (not ironic). Your bumper grille + headlights contribute for this aspect. Modifying the hood grille will kill my opnion :D It's easy!

But the sedan looks a lot better than old one.

Oh, and manual windows??? it will be a cheaper car? blergh!

17. I love your rim design. As already said, your exterior styling is very unique. The design is very organic but for my taste the front overhangs are too long and the cars themselves are lowered to such an extend that passing speed bumps should be tricky :D
    Imo the highlight of your cars are the front view and the rims.

18. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

+1 for the rims, very nice design in the last pic :)

19. 2o6

2o6

Model is really close.

Also, I made some steel wheels and created some hubcaps to go over top of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since modeling typeface was going to be intensely frustrating and unlikely to look good, I used google sketchup's 3D text option and just imported it into blender.

[​IMG]

Wheels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Wow.. very nice looking front now :) Distinctive ass too. :D