1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Two-Feet-Smash-Magic-Save-Hax

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Kevin Ascher, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

or in short.. 2FSMSH! The never ending topic of sim racing coming to and end?
    I have tried to save small and big slides with it in various cars to see if it would work out.. but it didn't! :inlove:

Did somebody else try it?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FWIW, I couldn't get it to work in iRacing on the latest tire model either (with the SRF, L49, and Miata).

I'm sure we'll find something else to complain about soon enough ;)
  3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Just joking. :laugh:
  4. Explain please?
  5. Dennis

RedShift Racing Staff

Didn't know about this issue before but it made for an interesting read - so thanks for that :thumbsup:

@Krisof: It's about a "bug" which allows you to recover your car from pretty much any spin by pressing both throttle and brake at the same time.

Turns out it isn't a bug at all really - Stefano from Kunos gives a pretty good explanation: http://www.virtualr.net/more-on-the-2-foot-magic-save-hax
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. Only the BF1 acts like that In Live For Speed. Try that with other cars and you are gonna have a bad time. There is a reason it only works with Single Seaters on slick tires. It has to do with the slip/grip resistances.
  7. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

I think it works with Formula Abarth in AC as well.
  8. Aristotelis

Kunos Simulazioni

Works in real life too
    Note: video will go private in short time as I don't have the rights to post this
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I am sure that (as posted in the video) it is possible to do in real life. Finding the right amount of pressure to lock the fronts and keep the rears spinning seems to be appropriately hard to find in AC unlike in iRacing for example.
  10. I remember seeing something very similar in real life F1 race, when someone went on the grass sideways, then magically straightened the car and regained control.

edit: got it
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It looks too smooth and magical in the above video of racing sims. NkP and pCars at least capture a bit of "violence" and roughness when the car tries to center itself, the others are smooth sailing, probably why people labelled it as "magic". There is no stick-slip where the front tire momentarily sticks and then slides, which even on slicks should be at least present in physics (maybe not as noticably though due to the softer distortion of race slick tires - but the effect itself of course is still present even if the result is smoothed out a bit towards steering wheel feedback and chassis motion) . Also in the video Aris posted there is the right amount of jolting force.
  12. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Someone also used that for massive almost 180° spin save in F1 Valencia GP. Can't remember who, but I think we had the video here back then.