Twin Ring Montegi (URD Tochigi) facelift extension

Tracks Twin Ring Montegi (URD Tochigi) facelift extension 0.96

Login or Register an account to download this content
BoBaHK submitted a new resource:

Twin Ring Montegi (URD Tochigi) facelift extension - URD Tochigi better trees, spectators, grass, etc

This is a facelift extension for Tochigi Racing Ring by URD (Twin Ring Montegi). It doesn't contain the original track - you do need to purchase the track separately at https://www.unitedracingdesign.net.
Simply copy over the content of the folder.

Changes:
- All trees have been re-planted from scratch, both on the background and on the foreground
- GrassFX added
- all spectators have been replaced with optimized and better looking 2D and camera-facing crowds. Cars and tents were...

Read more about this resource...

It looks excellent in the pics, but after installing I get this:
black.png

Latest CSP¨preview, SOL 2.2

thanks for reporting. I believe I've missed a texture when packaging. Sorry about this - need to do more testing
I'm not sure though.
I reinstalled the track, reinstalled your extension and on the first try, AC crashed, and on the second try all seems te be OK. So maybe it was only something on my side ?
Edit: went driving again, same issue, sorry...

Last edited:
I'm not sure though.
I reinstalled the track, reinstalled your extension and on the first try, AC crashed, and on the second try all seems te be OK. So maybe it was only something on my side ?
Edit: went driving again, same issue, sorry...
Should be fixed now - please re-download.

You are right- there was an issue. I've noticed that too after I've prepared everything for the release and tried again after AC restart. AFAIU, AC couldn't open all textures inside textures.zip. I've unpacked it and released as-is - now it is working. Also - I've upgraded CSP just now - maybe it is connected, maybe not, but should work as intended with 0.95.1.

Last edited:
Should be fixed now - please re-download.

You are right- there was an issue. I've noticed that too after I've prepared everything for the release and tried again after AC restart. AFAIU, AC couldn't open all textures inside textures.zip. I've unpacked it and released as-is - now it is working. Also - I've upgraded CSP just now - maybe it is connected, maybe not, but should work as intended with 0.95.1.
It works fine now. Looking good, thanks.

Thanks very much, this is a huge improvement to a lot of the textures.
There are some of those annoying 'telegraph wire' texture artifacts over tree walls which seems to be a recurring issue in AC. They're mostly visible at distance so are hard to capture close-up, but here are a couple of examples. Be great if these were fixed, they're a constant annoyance.

Screenshot_t78_gsi_dtm_tochigi_racing_ring_27-12-121-20-43-31.jpg
Screenshot_t78_gsi_dtm_tochigi_racing_ring_27-12-121-20-42-56.jpg

Like I said, pretty hard to see in images, much easier to see (and a lot more obvious) when driving around.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for reporting!
I know how this glitch can happen - nothing really wrong with AC here - quite an easy fix with a bit of UV tweaking in 3D editor that I have somehow overlooked. I hoped most were fixed but could be that on your system/config there are more visible... I hope I will finish two more mods soon and will come back to fix the issues. So please report more glitches so I can address all of them at once!

Also I highly recommend using PP filter with a bit of subtle atmosphere effect at a distance.. seeing those distant trees/hills with no atmosphere desaturation makes me appreciate my settings. That distant hill on the second screenshot looks horrible, while on my setup it is nicely attenuated by the atmosphere and it's colors are not that visible. Given how moddable AC is - everyone will have a different look with any mod. Something I need to learn how to consider when making my future releases.

BoBaHK updated Twin Ring Montegi (URD Tochigi) facelift extension with a new update entry:

Adjusted the mesh to minimize "wired outlines" over treelines

UVs adjusted even more to allow for a generous amount of texture filter and therefore to eliminate any wired outlines over treelines. sorry it took so long - life and responsibilities happen.
This is the intended look. I test my mods in 2D and VR, but AC is too configurable to guarantee the exact look.
View attachment 536927

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fantastic updates - thanks.
I was still seeing wired outlines (or 'telegraph wires', as I call them) over the treelines in a few places so edited the 'treeline_flatter2.dds' to totally get rid of them (on my system, anyway). I had to paint 18 horizontal pixel lines of alpha at the bottom of the DDS, which seems to be the norm with these very long thin textures. For individual trees and bushes, one or two lines of alpha pixels normally does the job.
DDS is below, give it a go if you're still seeing wired outlines. This does seem to vary from user to user so must depend on graphics settings somewhere.

Sorry you are still experiencing those. Do you see outlines in other tracks? I believe I've matched the technique by JohnR in RA, so I would be curious to know if I still missed something (unfortunately, I don't see them, so it is hard to debug): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2021.44533/
Nice trick with painting the texture. You might see a gap in the bottom, but in practice - I very much doubt you'd notice. I will make a more generous gap in the future.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.