• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

TV Advise...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Gilbert Ghammachi, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Gilbert Ghammachi

Gilbert Ghammachi

Ratings:
    +7
    Hey guys,

I was searching the Forum but i couldnt find anything on that topic....

I want to replace my old tv as it is quiet old and I am pretty sure because auf the response time I lose time on track (especially on PC such as rf2)
    I am looking for a 40" TV which I can use to race... Should be thin... Don't mind if it is LED or plasma... I will only play on that TV so don't need a sat receiver integrated....

Oh sims - mainly RF2 and GT5....

2. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,780
    Not sure what your budget is but i found these, 100Hz and 2ms, 40 inch.

• Phillips 40PFL6605H
    • Sharp Aquos LC-40LE705S

Those are the only ones i could find on a swedish site that was reasonably priced compared to the others.

3. Kasper Stoltze

Kasper Stoltze
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    My advise: NO TV AT ALL!

TV's have way to much input lag! Go for a monitor instead, or a projector if you want it to be really big.
    Even if the specs on the TV says 2ms responds time, this is the time for a diode (in a LED TV) to switch from black to white. It will be a longer respons time for e.g. yellow to blue.

The monitor I know of with the lowest input lag is iiyama e2710 hds 27".
    You can see a video of the monitor in use here:

(Hope you dont mind Niels)

Pay attention to how the virtual wheel are following the real wheel, where on other videos the wheels are not in sync at all.

I say it again, dont go for a TV.

4. Gilbert Ghammachi

Gilbert Ghammachi

Ratings:
    +7
    hmm.. the Problem is I wouldn't have the space mounting 3 Montiors next to each other.. max I could fit there is 120 cm - which I am having currently and my girl friend is willing to get a new TV/Monitor but if it is a bit smaller.. (what I don't mind because I know the current setup is crap)..