1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Advise...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Gilbert Ghammachi, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I was searching the Forum but i couldnt find anything on that topic....

I want to replace my old tv as it is quiet old and I am pretty sure because auf the response time I lose time on track (especially on PC such as rf2)
    I am looking for a 40" TV which I can use to race... Should be thin... Don't mind if it is LED or plasma... I will only play on that TV so don't need a sat receiver integrated....

Oh sims - mainly RF2 and GT5....
  2. Not sure what your budget is but i found these, 100Hz and 2ms, 40 inch.

• Phillips 40PFL6605H
    • Sharp Aquos LC-40LE705S

Those are the only ones i could find on a swedish site that was reasonably priced compared to the others.
  3. My advise: NO TV AT ALL!

TV's have way to much input lag! Go for a monitor instead, or a projector if you want it to be really big.
    Even if the specs on the TV says 2ms responds time, this is the time for a diode (in a LED TV) to switch from black to white. It will be a longer respons time for e.g. yellow to blue.

The monitor I know of with the lowest input lag is iiyama e2710 hds 27".
    You can see a video of the monitor in use here:

(Hope you dont mind Niels)

Pay attention to how the virtual wheel are following the real wheel, where on other videos the wheels are not in sync at all.

I say it again, dont go for a TV.
  4. hmm.. the Problem is I wouldn't have the space mounting 3 Montiors next to each other.. max I could fit there is 120 cm - which I am having currently and my girl friend is willing to get a new TV/Monitor but if it is a bit smaller.. (what I don't mind because I know the current setup is crap)..