F1 2010 tutorial for making a custom livery mod?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hey guys,

I've looked around at the modding section and found a metric ****ton of awesome car skins, but there doesn't seem to be anyone explaining how they do it.

I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff so wouldn't know where to begin.

Basically I'd like to make a custom livery for my car where my staunchest yt subs and donators can get their name (or whatever else they want ) on my livery.

Anyone knows if such a detailed tutorial exists? If not, anyone gracious enough to make a tutorial for me? ;)

thx

I would also love to know how to do this.

Unfortunately Steve I would love to donate and get a piece of bodywork on your car but I think theres something in the rules about my name not being allowed on your car in the league :p

There are some brief instructions in the readme of the Ryder pssg editor in the d/l section.

Basically you need the editor to open up the desired car .pssg.
On the 'textures' tab you will be presented with the various .tga's for the textures contained in the .pssg.
Find the .tga with the car skin, and then you export it as a .dds file.
Get the nvidia dds plugin for photoshop which will then allow you to do the editing/changes in photoshop.
Save your work of art as .dds, ensuring the settings match the original (you can check these settings in the second tab of the Ryder editor).
Then select import in Ryder and navigate to the .dds file you created/edited with photoshop. As its the same name as the original, it will overwrite it. Then, once the new texture is visible in Ryder, you can save it all back as the original .pssg file, pop it back into the F1>Cars folder and away you go!

i can has english translation? ;) j/k thx paul I don't have photoshop tho, how does that work in GIMP?

was really hoping for a step by step vid tutorial, but I'll give this a shot...anyone who does make this vid gets a spot on my rear wing tho ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back