Turn 3 at Catalunya

Hello everyone. I've always had trouble with negotiating turn 3 (the long right hander) at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and was wondering if anyone had some tips for getting around it. High downforce cars (like F1) I have no problem with, but lower downforce cars (like GT3) seem either to understeer like crazy or go through the corner at granny pace.
Thanks for any and all replies.

Here's a video of a 911 GT3 Cup race we had recently. You can check out a few of the laps to check the line. I agree, it's definitely a tough corner in a GT car but manageable if you use the correct line. The way I take it is to initially hug the kerb on the inside, and then when you about halfway around the corner, it opens up which allows to get on the throttle and begin to travel across the track to keep your momentum. It's difficult to explain in words, however, you should be able to see what I mean in the video.

Last edited:
It's the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car found in Porsche Pack 3, which is about $8 US. I would definitely recommend that pack if you're a modern Porsche car fan. :thumbsup:
The Porsche Pack 3 seems still in pre-order on Steam. I didn't know it's available for download right now.
Sorry for the ot.
Porsche Pack II (buy)
Senza nome2.png

Porsche Pack III (Pre-Purchase)
Senza nome.png

sorry to go completely off topic, but that crew chief app is fabulous, is it on RD?
The crew chief app was developed by "mr_belowski" on the Sector 3 forums where it was originally designed for Raceroom. It now supports AC, AMS, rFactor (not 2), R3E as well as a few other titles. It's the best! :D

Quick tip though for when you're installing it for AC, you'll need to get the "CrewChiefEx" folder from the that actual crew chief installation and put it in your python apps folder in AC. Once you've done that, just activate the app in-game in your general options and you're good to go. :thumbsup:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/

Reactions: Si
The crew chief app was developed by "mr_belowski" on the Sector 3 forums where it was originally designed for Raceroom. It now supports AC, AMS, rFactor (not 2), R3E as well as a few other titles. It's the best! :D

Quick tip though for when you're installing it for AC, you'll need to get the "CrewChiefEx" folder from the that actual crew chief installation and put it in your python apps folder in AC. Once you've done that, just activate the app in-game in your general options and you're good to go. :thumbsup:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/
Thanks. installed and tried it! Fabulous!!

A great corner to learn patience on. Like others have said hug the inside and you'll get your feel and when to start applying throttle and the you can let it "Run out" to the exit by or on the kerbs. You can really put a beating on the AI in this corner once you get the hang of it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.