• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Turn 3 at Catalunya

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by ROW2001, Jan 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ROW2001

ROW2001

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. I've always had trouble with negotiating turn 3 (the long right hander) at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and was wondering if anyone had some tips for getting around it. High downforce cars (like F1) I have no problem with, but lower downforce cars (like GT3) seem either to understeer like crazy or go through the corner at granny pace.
    Thanks for any and all replies.

2. Albert McSaltens

Albert McSaltens

Ratings:
    +514
    first mistake people do is to take it too open, get a tighter entry and hold a bit on the inside kerb then at the right point push full throttle kunos TM 10 will not help though, they lack grip

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +344
    You have to feel out and modulate the throttle in that turn vs all out 'planting' it to the floor.
    The rear of the car is constantly trying to break away into over-steer, so always be prepared to micro input a tiny bit of left counter-steer.
    It's fun once you get it right.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    A disgruntled hedgehog thing... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,574
    Here's a video of a 911 GT3 Cup race we had recently. You can check out a few of the laps to check the line. I agree, it's definitely a tough corner in a GT car but manageable if you use the correct line. The way I take it is to initially hug the kerb on the inside, and then when you about halfway around the corner, it opens up which allows to get on the throttle and begin to travel across the track to keep your momentum. It's difficult to explain in words, however, you should be able to see what I mean in the video.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +439
    Is that car downloadable as free content?
    Seems top knotch quality.

6. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,574
    It's the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car found in Porsche Pack 3, which is about $8 US. I would definitely recommend that pack if you're a modern Porsche car fan. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +439
    The Porsche Pack 3 seems still in pre-order on Steam. I didn't know it's available for download right now.
    Sorry for the ot.
    Porsche Pack II (buy)
    Senza nome2.png
    Porsche Pack III (Pre-Purchase)
    Senza nome.png

8. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,574
    @Giovaneveterano That could just a bug with Steam. The DLC has been out since December 20th. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Si

Si
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,063
    sorry to go completely off topic, but that crew chief app is fabulous, is it on RD?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,574
    The crew chief app was developed by "mr_belowski" on the Sector 3 forums where it was originally designed for Raceroom. It now supports AC, AMS, rFactor (not 2), R3E as well as a few other titles. It's the best! :D

Quick tip though for when you're installing it for AC, you'll need to get the "CrewChiefEx" folder from the that actual crew chief installation and put it in your python apps folder in AC. Once you've done that, just activate the app in-game in your general options and you're good to go. :thumbsup:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Si

Si
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Thanks. installed and tried it! Fabulous!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Overlord and The Chancer of The Hooligans Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +738
    A great corner to learn patience on. Like others have said hug the inside and you'll get your feel and when to start applying throttle and the you can let it "Run out" to the exit by or on the kerbs. You can really put a beating on the AI in this corner once you get the hang of it

• Like Like x 1