rF2 Trucks Racing Series @ A-1 Ring - Tuesday 4th November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
This my qualy setup. 1:52:2xx with it.

Use it at your own risk in race, its a qualy setup. I'm not shure if the brakes hold it 30laps, and may the engine overheats. Have to build it a bit different for race. :peace:
PS: dont use 5th gear :wink:

see you later on track :yo:

Attachments

• qualy01.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 295
Last night Sunday the 2nd November a raceDepartment F1 race I was taking part in was cancelled due to most of the people taking part suffering bad lag, so I came onto the Grimm server for some practice and a couple of people where having lag issues on here as well, reading on the net today it seems for some reason people were having the same lag problems worldwide, If any one here had problems have a look at this thread on RSC http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=330837 and also this part of a post

Change this line in multiplayer.ini

Code:
Auto Join Chat Server="1" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start upTo this

Code:
Auto Join Chat Server="0" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up

That has fixed the problem for some people, I suffered no lag problems myself but when checking my multiplayer.ini Auto Join Chat Server was already set to 0, after last weeks server problems and the problems last night on other servers I just hope that tonight goes ok and maybe this can help someone.

I have copied this from another site I race at.
modify_inline.gif

• Darren Gardner

well that was great, loved the racing thanks very much

Another great truck night, you cant just throw these monsters around they need to be driven with finesse and when the tyres get too hot its like driving on ice, but I love em, they are brilliant fun.

• Andrew Evans

yup, that was fantastic fun, i love these things! totally challenging to drive....

quallied way down, like 16th or some such... but managed to finish 4th! almost fell off my chair... had no idea what lap we were on until the chequered flag came up and still did another one to be sure...

need moar! :becky:

Qual: 5th Finish: 1st :D

Managed to get off the start properly this time and was happy to be round T1 with no bother with any other trucks,i think i even got a place or two with a couple ahead going out wide,early doors it was chasing Nige with Daniel easing away up front,Niges pace was very good and hanging on to his 3sec gap on me was quite a task,but further into the first stint i noticed both Nige and Daniel seemed to be suffering,i thought my truck was improving as the race progressed and ended up right on Nigels tailgate,he saved me the bother of working out a pass when he spun it sideways out of the tight right at the top of the hill(T2?),now i was closing down Daniels lead gap to around 3.5secs and at that mark Daniel decided enough was enough and pitted,i stayed out that fatal lap(or was it 2?) too long.
Pit went good with a change of all 4,on hindsight i should have just changed the two fronts to save pit time,but just let it get on with it doing all 4,after it had settled again Daniel had made a 12sec gap after regaining his lead with my stop,suddenly in chat i saw Nige say "Gary for the win",i thought "eer yea right m8,we lookin at the same gap?"...at that moment i noticed the gap start to plummet rapidly,then Daniel declared he had "popped a brake",within a lap and a half he couldnt keep it on the road and the cruise past was effortless,nursed my rig home from then on not risking any kind of damages.

Whhhooot to me :D Very pleased with an unlikely truck win,very well done Daniel holding on to 2nd after being robbed of certain victory with mech failures,and well done Mario Rocha rounding out the Truckers podium.

Many cheers Patrick & Andrew and well done all who bring their big rig home to the finish :peace: :bananamario:

First I have to say: Martin Bulgin for Presindent :peace: thx for tipp to fix this stupid lagg problems in practice :)

What a fun tonight :woot:

Qualy:
Was not my best time but still pretty good and enough for pole infront of Ryan

Race:
Start was ok not the best but ok :D. Ceept p1. Then tryed to build a gap to Nigel and Gary following me. But Nigel had a good pace and so it was around 3-4 sec all the time. Then I start feeling I had to brake earlyer and earlyer, tyres went bad. right front tyres was loosong much grip. Then I lokked up my tyres also a lot and was suffering to keep my truck on road. Laptimes feeld down badly :nono:. Gary then was able to catch Nigel and overtake him. He came closer me, and so I decidet to do my pitstop. Tryed to pit on half race not to have a to bad truck in the end. Pitstop was great 45l of fuel and 4 tyres please all in 8sec perfekt pit entry perfekt exit and a hell of a fast lap after it 1:52:2xx wich is same time as my pb from practicing on low fuel LOL. Then Gary with his stop. Then I was 10 secs infront :). Build it to 14secs and the Truck feeld very good.

But then things came bad, and I had to feel the consequences of my aggresiv setup and style of braking this heavy thing down into courners. Suddenly without warning, 6 laps to go, braking into couner the left front brake broke :twitch::censored: :)rip:left front brake)
truck turned to right and out into gravel but was abel to avoid to crash into the wall. My lead was 14 secs but lose so much time with only 3 brakes. Hold p1 for 2 laps, but had to brake very early and steering hard to left not to lose my truck.Also looking up my tyres badly. Gary came closer and overtaked me easlyly. Then I looked at my advance to p3 1min 20sec to Mario and tryed to drive p2 home in cruiseing mode. Laped cars then passing me with a greeting HOOONK HOooNK and blinking lights. LOL Lost it nearly a couple of times and was driving only 2:05-2:12 times.Sorry for crashing into one in braking zone was not abel to avoid. Then the last lap 3 couners to the finish my other front brake broke :shocked: :)rip:right front brake) and with only 2 rear brakes is not so good LOL. Fortunatly in this 2. last courner is a very large gravel zone so it braked me down and not hited the wall. Then crusing my badly injured big baby home to finish line. Just a few courners more and I had be out of race.
Gratulation to Gray for his win doing it right with setup :thumb: and all finishers. Thx RD for this event and hopefully there are furter Truck races as they are so much fun :)

Here the stats of the race:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 236
Hmmmmm

Could not get to grips with these trucks tonight, got to lap 7 before crashing and breaking suspension and could not drag it back to the pits so race over.

Lack of practice did not help but hey that's the way it goes :)

Practice went well, using Daniel`s setup manged to some good times.

Quali was ok, with my best lap a 53.5 but was hopeing for a 52.

Race started 2nd and got a nice clean start behind Daniel, amazingly on the second lap i did a 53.2 and i started the race carrying 110l of fuel.
the next lap Daniel set a 52.6 lol.
then for the next 12 laps the gaps between the top 3 were prety constant. then while lapping traffic they closed up.
on lap 15 i had Gary on my tail and was going to pit, but at the last moment i stayed out. what a mistake, at T2 i half spun and lost 23 secs. after pitting i was in 5th but soon got back to 3rd and was setting good times with my new tires. unfortunately i was 20 odd secs behind Gary and had a big gap on 4th so was going to take it easy and secure 3rd.
then at the start of lap 24 i barked as normal for T1 but my rear end snapped to the right, sending me towards the barriers which i avoided but couldn`t avoid the 50mtr marker which wrecked my rig.
i see Daniel had a brake failure around lap 26 and i was using the same setup and braking technique maybe i also had some kind of failure. either way it was an odd crash.

overall real pleased with how i drove, i never thought that at half distance i would still have the leader in sight. can`t wait for the next Truck fest HOONK HOONK :bananamario:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back