1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Trouble downloading track

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Marty Pierce, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Trouble downloading track (Solved)

:cool:This is my first time trying to downlod a track. I downloaded Valencia street from no grip. No problem there but when I tried to get the file into game I did steam/steamapps/my name/race07/ but could not get game data and location where tracks are. Totally lost how to do this. I have the archiver program. the only place I see the track folders is in car-setups and I did paste the track there. If anyone can simplify this process I can use some help. I am not very good with computers and I am at the point that I will concede to just racing with the standard game content. Thanks Marty Pierce :rolleyes:

2. Jari Vinnari

Jari Vinnari
    Premium

Ratings:
    +923
    Hi!
    In your case the track should be unpacked to --> Steam\SteamApps\my name\race 07\Gamedata\Locations

peace
    Jari

3. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    and as it is your first track you have to creat the folder Gamedata and inside of it the folder Location
    and remove the folder from the setup directory :)

4. Matt Alpeter

Matt Alpeter

Ratings:
    +0
    also, be aware that the track won't appear with the other standard ones, it is under the tab "addon" or something similar when in game

5. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Ok what is unpacked. Should I not see the rest of the files for tracks in location. thanks for help.

6. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    right click on teh file you have downloaded then choose unpack to <filename> open this folder maybe there is already a folder called Gamedata if not there should be a folder
    with the track name move this folder to your Locations folder

7. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    teh file? I may need to find step bystep instruction from download of track to getting it in game. I don't see anywhere that it says unpack. I sure appreciate the help but the more I try to understand the more confused I become. Not sure I will go very far on the technical side of sim racing. I do better on the driving end of this. Thanks for your help Marty Pierce

8. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    ok i try step by step

1.) Download the track from NoGrip in your case the valencia street track
    file name should be Valencia Street Circuit v1_0 by NeelJ for GTR Evolution.rar

2.) open up your race07 folder create a folder with the name GameData now open the new created folder and create a other one inside of it with the name Locations

3.) now to go further you need WinRar. dubble click the file and a windows pops up
    and you can see a folder icon with a name beside in your case Valencia Street Circuit
    mark that folder and move it to your locations folder you have created in step 2
    via drag&drop

4.) start up the game and check the addon or gtrevo table (the small buttons above the tracks) where the track is installed choose it, enjoy it :D

9. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    I finally got it done with your help. Thank you so much I was ready to give up. Thanks also to all that replied and Jose Ferreira. Marty Pierce