Trolls have no wintersleep?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
trolls_650x300_a01_101101_e.jpg

Did somebody open up a can of trolls this month? I can't read any simracing or motorsport site, forums or blogs without having to dig through a huge amount of negativity and fanboyism.

Economic recession? End of the world? Xmas Holidays? Whats the reason?

(the above not intended to be trolling, just curious where this sudden increase of this behavior comes from)

With the common increase in human egoism, everyone began to think the world revolves around them. So everyone tries to show that their ideas are the only best and all must agree with them. If they don't agree, he/she becomes angry and gets really fanatic in his comments... Of course this is not a whole reason, but just my point of view.

about simracing forums-websites i think that the reason could be the long time without news..
Some simracer are playing with rfactor , gtr evo,netkar pro from 5-6 years without any relevant update.
So for long time the simracing community was involved in long discussions on witch sim it's the best and so on.
But the main reason is that everybody it's a fan of something and in internet you can write anything without be scary to find someone that is waiting for you outside your home :)

It's not happening here is it? I mainly check out Race, Forza, GTL and GSC forums and i don't seem to see it there, which is a good thing of course but you are right Bram about other sites. It's happening there:(

Happening here as well. Today I even saw somebody complaining in the free giveaway thread. So now even free games are crap? :)

Or a guy running games with pirated software complaining about the quality of the game he ripped from the internet. How far have you sunk then?

Getting sick of the attitude of some ungrateful people on the internet.

Think we have to fill their caves with concrete so they keep quiet for a few years. But they will eat themselves out eventually as we are not allowed to feed the trolls.

So now even free games are crap? :)
When having a facebook account is required there is no such thing as free. Just sayin. :p
Getting sick of the attitude of some ungrateful people on the internet.
Unfortunately that will never change. But it is nice that you are willing to give away some games. Games that, lets be honest here, are not even close to being as good as GT Legends! (you should give away a couple copies of GTL btw. hopefully we can get more people involved in the club races!)
Time for more GTL races! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
24wbwgg.jpg

Related:
34xn793.jpg

Tehehe? harharhar?
Yikes, I think it is time for me to hide from Bram.

*Edit
I wish to just make it clear that I am not making this post with any intent to be negative and disrespectful(at least not too much eh :p )
I do appreciate that the staff wish to give to the simracing community(aside from the large task that is hosting RD)
And I thank them for providing a wonderful place for people to have a good time with many sims.(but we all know that GTL is one of the most important! hehe)

@Ian: wether people like Facebook or not everybody is free to participate. That said when people don't like free games or anything else for that matter thats is fine by everybody I think but just ignore it and move on. Seems everybody must have an opinion about everything nowadays

What I dont get is that people have to be negative all the time:
  • rFactor 2 release (constant crying when it will be out, even insulting the developers on various websites)
  • My sim (penis?) is bigger than yours discussions
  • iRacing is the best game of all times because they forced me to pay 100s of euros for the content so i have to defend it with my life not to loose face and bash any other game on the internet that offers the same for less.
  • rFactor is better than iRacing because i am cheap and don't want to spend money on my simracing games, but i do have an expensive pc and hardware
  • My PC (penis?) is bigger than your console
  • My Console (penis?) is bigger than your pc
  • Foza 4 sucks GT5 rocks and vice versa
  • My Fanatec (penis?) is better than your Logitech
My conclusion: must be a penis thing

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements