Triple Screen setup

Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of advice, as i'm interested in having a Tripple screen setup for my GT Omega rig.

But I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help me.

Whats the best size screens to have? I have seen a picture of 3 x24 which would look good. Are they the right size?
i'm currently on a 40 inch Sony tv, i don't have it to close to me, as it would give me a headache :D

Is a tripple screen setup only useful for closed wheel cars? as on a open wheeler you can see the whole area.

What screens would you recommend ?i've tried to take a photo of how it looks for me at the moment(Drivers view), the screen is alot bigger than the photo suggests :)

Also, i currently have the sound coming out of my TV, as it feels restrictive wearing my headphones for racing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6460014/IMAG0398.jpg

24 inch is pretty good... ideally you would have 27 but it really depends on the amount of space available. I'm planning a triple monitor rig soon!
As for non-open wheelers I'm not sure about viewing angles and what you can see but I guess you could still see through the mesh window if you planning on racing Nascar.
What GFX card you got Ben ? ;)

Upvote 0
For me me the 24 " screens looked small to start with but as soon as i got driving i found them more than ample.. my immersion went up 10 fold. all i could do was grin... you look at a 40' screen and think you need the same hight but you dont ... i never loved sitting infront of my pc so much since switching to triple screen.. I only really drive GT Legends so it not to graphic intense but if i want to max out the settings in the newer sims i will need a upgrade on the graphics front.. (at present running a gtx660ti 3GB) will go sli when i upgrade in the future...

I went for 3x 24" 120 htz screens Over 3x 27" 60htz screens i also have a GT Omega Rig with the triple Tv stand and support upgrades...
IMG_6158.jpg

Upvote 0
DSCF0589.JPG

Many of the Dell monitors are good as they can be de-bezeled fairly easily, reducing the width of the vertical bars where they meet; see photo.

I have changed the FOV since taking the last batch of photo's plus I now have an additional 15" monitor displaying telemetry (iSpeed) sat above the centre monitor.

Upvote 0
24 inch is pretty good... ideally you would have 27 but it really depends on the amount of space available. I'm planning a triple monitor rig soon!
As for non-open wheelers I'm not sure about viewing angles and what you can see but I guess you could still see through the mesh window if you planning on racing Nascar.
What GFX card you got Ben ? ;)

I have a 6870 twin frozr 1gb

Upvote 0
For me me the 24 " screens looked small to start with but as soon as i got driving i found them more than ample.. my immersion went up 10 fold. all i could do was grin... you look at a 40' screen and think you need the same hight but you dont ... i never loved sitting infront of my pc so much since switching to triple screen.. I only really drive GT Legends so it not to graphic intense but if i want to max out the settings in the newer sims i will need a upgrade on the graphics front.. (at present running a gtx660ti 3GB) will go sli when i upgrade in the future...

I went for 3x 24" 120 htz screens Over 3x 27" 60htz screens i also have a GT Omega Rig with the triple Tv stand and support upgrades...
View attachment 38399

Nice, i think i saw your setup in another post.thats cool to hear, makes me want it, a little bit more now :D

Whats a good 24 inch monitor ?

Upvote 0
I bought BenQ 120htz seemed great value for money... i got them 2nd hand...
so i would say that .... Sorry i cant be much more help there .. maybe others can help better..
but so far ive no complaints.. And these are the first monitors ive owned so ive nothing to compare to..:)

I thought my tv picture was good but these are on another level..

Upvote 0
I have 3x Dell 2312HM and they are big enough for me. Perhaps bigger is better but I have limited space so the smaller size is fine with me.
My Dell has Displayport which is nice feature to have for tripple screen user.

Upvote 0
Make sure that which ever monitor you decide to go with that they are at least 1920 X 1080. The size will make a little difference, but you want to also adjust your vFOV to make things look better. You basically want to measure from where your eyes are to where the monitors are and then do a search for a FOV calculator to determine the most realistic setting. Some games won't allow you to set the FOV low enough to be accurate, but some will.

I run 22" monitors and with my setup the vFOV is correct at 20 degrees. I own rFactor2, Race 07 and GSC 2012 and rFactor2 is the only one that allows me to set the FOV correctly. Race 07 will only allow me to lower it to 40 and GSC only goes down to 35. With larger monitors the vFOV would be larger though, so you might be able to get the correct FOV with 24", though 27" would be more likely to do all 3 sims.

Upvote 0
I have 3 x 32 Panasonic Viera L32E3 HD screens (IPS panel, cheap and very good), I definitely wouldn't go any bigger but I would consider going smaller. I only ever use rFactor so a lowly 1GB 6870 seems to cope very well. Yeah, I know the POV ain't perfect!

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

Upvote 0
I have 3x Dell 2312HM and they are big enough for me. Perhaps bigger is better but I have limited space so the smaller size is fine with me.
My Dell has Displayport which is nice feature to have for tripple screen user.

Hi Jari, have you ever tried a 24 inch monitor setup?

For me to have 3 x 24 inch monitors, it will cost about a extra £150, is it worth it?

Upvote 0
Hi Jari, have you ever tried a 24 inch monitor setup?

For me to have 3 x 24 inch monitors, it will cost about a extra £150, is it worth it?

Previously I had one 27 Inch screen. It was quite step down to 23 inch in normal single monitor everyday use but now I dont even think about it. I wouldnt pay the 150£ extra for 24 inch but thats just me.

Perhaps that 150£ extra would be better spend on cheap 27 inch monitors but for me 1 inch for that much money is too much.

Upvote 0
Previously I had one 27 Inch screen. It was quite step down to 23 inch in normal single monitor everyday use but now I dont even think about it. I wouldnt pay the 150£ extra for 24 inch but thats just me.

Perhaps that 150£ extra would be better spend on cheap 27 inch monitors but for me 1 inch for that much money is too much.

Going to order 3 Dell 23 inch monitors!

The extra £ can pay for the monitor stand :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back