Triple monitor + extra grapics?

I have a pc with gtx 1660 ti + ryzen 5 5600x and a sim. I used to play assetto corsa with a beamer but that isn't the best experience. I want to upgrade to triple monitor (2x full hd 1x 2560x1080) but dont know how my pc will peform. Will it get at least 60 fps and do you think it has the capacity to use maybe sol or reshade?

First a disclaimer:

I´m "mechanically gifted " and absolutely not a PC person.

Here my limited experience:

R5 5600x runs my triple FHD really well, on AC I´ve set the cap to 120 FPS even with 20+ AI on very high settings.

BUT that is with a 3080 STRIX!

My RX5700XT managed 50 to 90 FPS with Content Manager and much lower settings.

I don´t think (but don´t know for shure) that a 1660ti can reach that performance.

Also, from I read it will be very difficult to get different screens to play nicely together.
I have three identical screens which are (reasonably) easy to set up.

So, I´m not convinced that is going to work, but wish you good luck.

MFG Carsten

I can't really tell you how ultra wide + 2x 16:9 works together, although I think AC can do the scene splits just fine and adjust for that!

About the gpu performance:
Google how to activate DSR.
It's in the GLOBAL! 3D settings of the nvidia control panel.
(NOT geforce experience & NOT game specific 3D settings!)

You'll have to do some math and then choose the factors that are closest to the pixel count of your theoretical triples.
In this case:
X*2560x1080 = (2560+2*1920)*1080

Divided by 1080:
X*2560 = 2560+2*1920

Then divided by 2560:
X = 1+(2*1920)/2560

Whoch is 1+1.5 = 2.5

Closest DSR factors:
2.25x and 3.00x

Select only these two in the nvidia control panel and then you'll see two higher resolutions in AC!

Before doing this:
Go into documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
And make a backup of the "acos.ini"!

That's where the positions of your apps are stored! They are positioned via X and Y coordinates in pixels and when the resolution changes, the positions change too!

Then go on track with the higher resolutions and you'll pretty closely simulate the graphics card load for your planned triple screen setup.

CPU wise, triples make a small difference due to the scene splitting but it's not that bad and your 5600x is a great CPU for simracing!

Your 1660ti will probably have a lot of trouble running it at enjoyable fps.
But just simulate it via DSR! That way you can try to adjust settings to get an okayish mix of visuals vs fps and see if you could get happy :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.