Traveling to London in Sept.; Need Motorsports ideas

So, work is sending me to London in Sept for 3+ weeks. It'll be nice getting my Autosport magz without the 2 week delay (I just got the German GP wrap-up issue in the mail today!).

I want to take advantage of being in the home of F1, but am not sure what I can do to accomplish this. I'm hoping someone from the office there is gearhead and I can coax him into a trip to the Nurburgring. The office head there is a HUGE vintage racing guy and just competed in the Le Mans Classic in a 70's Chevron. That's a good in, too.

I'd love to hear some good ideas or if you know of places where I can go watch the BTCC or the WRC. I might try to catch an Arsenal match too. They're hosting Chelsea when I'm there (I think). It'll cost me, but its a once in a lifetime timing thing...

Thanks all, Ryan

BTCC is at Silverstone on the weekend of September 17th/18th. If you just went on Sunday, and ordered tickets ahead, it would only set you back 26 pounds entry (and whatever travel costs). If you are there earlier in the month, MotoGP is also at Silverstone on the 3rd/4th, but I am not sure the costs. I would assume more than BTCC.

Near Bedford, if you are into that sort of thing, there is the FIA European Drag Racing Finals in September too, at Santa Pod Raceway; weekend of 10th/11th September. It is a lot further to travel, but British Superbikes hits Oulton Park that same weekend. Donington has British GT that weekend also, so a lot to choose from.

Have a little google search; I think there may be classic cars at Cadwell too at some point, but I don't remember the details. Have a great time!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back