Transducer noise?

Hey, I'm hoping a bit of advice with how much noise transducers make.

I'm looking to attach two to an office chair for gaming, however I live with my wife and 2 years old...and normally get time to my self when they are both asleep in rooms either side of my office...so even though I don't care what noise the transducers make as I will have headphones on, my two key stakeholders will!!!!

I have been looking at either the Dayton Audio Puck, or something along the lines of a Butkicker Mini LFE.

I have tried to figure out how much noise these make from youtube videos but with no luck.

Basically, if I get something along the lines of the Butkicker Mini LFE will I be able to turn it down enough that I will feel it but also not annoy the other people in my house?

And if not would a smaller unit like the Puck be a better bet?

Thanks in advance!!!

I had the same problem regarding the noise those transducer produce, since I live in an apartment. There is a product called Srs Shakekit, which basically is a pillow with 4 transducer pucks, each one is located at the edge of the pillow. As you sit directly on the transducer, they don't have to generate much vibration in order for you to feel the sensation of the effects. The noise level is very low, and you don't notice the transducer outside your room, unless you turn the effects of the pucks all the way up.

As the Srs Shakekit is quite pricey for what it is, I made myself one. I'm quite happy with the effects I feel. Bumps, Gear Shifts, Road rumble ect. are felt with the pucks.

Items for the Diy Shakekit: I bought a comfort cussion pillow to sit on, 4 Dayton Audio TT25-8 Transducer Pucks, and 2 Nobsound Mini Bluetooth Amps (They have sound card build in, so you don't have to buy the sound cards extra). A nice side effect of this, is that my seat on my rig is very comforable now.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_154847479.jpg
    IMG_20191205_154847479.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20191205_154613179.jpg
    IMG_20191205_154613179.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
Ah, smart!

I might see if I can get away with some form of fixed transducer under the chair....but its good to know there is a fall back option if that does not work out!

Upvote 0
Thought I would report back in case anyone comes across this thread with the same question.

I installed two Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker's directly onto the bottom of my (large) office chair, and the results are great!

They easily have enough power, and make only the slightest noise....super win! :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea