• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Traction control and ABS

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Steve Gordon, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Steve Gordon

Steve Gordon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I always race without abs and traction control. What's the view is it a moremail realistic and a more purist way to race or is using abs and traction control okay ? In AC there is a notable difference.

2. Peter Kerényi

Peter Kerényi

Ratings:
    +135
    I'd say it's okay as long as you use factory settings. If it's used IRL why shouldn't we? That said there are many cars that can be faster without TC. The key is how consistent can you be without it. I personally use weaker TC settings in GT3 cars, the 488 GT3 is pretty stable even with TC disabled. In e.g. the LaFerrari however it is very hard to drive fast without TC, at least for me.

3. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +560
    most realistic/pure way would be to use factory settings .. and than if ABS/TC is present finetune its setting to fit your style/needs/tyre wear/conditions ...

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,555
    I think it's "ok" to use whatever settings give you the most enjoyable experience. Personally I go with the factory settings in AC, and turn the assists off per car if I want to spice things up a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    Not being much of an online racer myself I could be wrong...but dont different servers have different rules about what assists are allowed?

6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,555
    I can't speak from experience with AC as I haven't raced it online yet, but most of my past racing in other sims was done on servers that forced assists to be turned off. That said, AC is somewhat unique in that it features a lot of modern cars that have assists in real life, so perhaps people set servers to "factory" as well? Not sure what RD does regarding this.

7. Stephen Armstrong

Stephen Armstrong

Ratings:
    +31
    I always race without abs and traction control as well, its seems to easy to drive GT3/ GT2 with them on.

8. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    Just factory assists here