Trackside Screens REF/BIK options

I'm looking for information on the following question if anyone can help.

TRACKSIDE SCREENS
how to edit / convert MP4 to BIK for loading onto a trackside Bigscreen. I've searched the forum threads but cannot seem to find a guide / instructions.

I have Radvideo's BINK conversion tool but it doesn't seem to be as simple as I thought.
My aim is to have the large trackside screen play video of that track action using my own BIK video.
I edited a short video of the specific track action (30 sec) , compressed the MP4, used RAD's BINK to convert to TRACKNAME.BIK and pasted the TRACKNAME VCR.BIK into the track folder. In the .TRK model the bigscreen REF was named TRACKNAME.BIK.

But the game crashed on loading with trace error listed as being the REF texture.
Have i skipped something in the process?

I also noticed most other track BIK are about 18MB. Is there a duration/MB limit?

Many Thanks

This may help-

I don't know if there is a size limit but the videos are resource hogs so keep that in mind (there's an article at the Radvideo site about compressing them, but it seems rather involved).

The error i was making was not squaring off the video before converting to BIK.

Problem solved!

1. Step one edit Screen Capture replay video of track in NCH Video pad, Set as 1:1 aspect, remove audio and export as MP4. custom setting size 512 x 512
2. Step two, load and compress edited video in Handbrake
3. Step three load in RADVideo convert to BIK (audio at max compression 99 ) export as TRACKNAME.BIK

Drop new BIK into track folder.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back