1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TrackIR on the fritz

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Track IR has been working great up till early this week. All of a sudden, no changes to PC software, hardware or sims, and the view with it is constantly erratically "jittering". It still follows movement, just jumps all over the place. It's at a point where I "can" drive with it but I'll get a headache and make more than my usual number od driving errors. It's almost like driving behind someone with "lag", lol!

As soon as I take the clip off the hat, I get the normal view. I've shut all light from the room, checked for any other reflections, reloaded the software with updates, looked at my TrackIR settings for filtering/smoothness stc and all is normal, nothing makes it better or worse.

I drive much better with it, you'll appreciate it when we're on track together so help me get my TrackIR back!
  2. Hi Dennis - as you probably remember I don't have track IR but use freetrack - the behaviour you describe sounds most like if a different profile or set of respomse curves were being loaded, but you say you have checked settings so I assume that no profile changes within the track IR software have been made, a few other possibles then ?
    Lag - I mean lag between the software as well as the hardware - have you changed or added any peripherals, sometimes even plugging something in a different usb socket can have odd effects, as if one thing takes a different priority over another? Simalar with software - is there anything new running thats affecting how fast the info gets to the game?
    Dirty or damaged sensors/Infra red LED's - dirt or grease on either shouldn't affect function as much as you describe, an LED thats intermittently flashing on and off could (you can test infra red LEDS using a digital camera or camra phone - they show up in a darkened room a sort of purple glow - go on try it with your TV remote), a misaligned LED could also cause problems (but it would need to be quite out of line).
    Can't think of any others, hope you sort it out.
  3. I had the same prob. Solved it by unplugging it and plugging it in again. So it resetted itself. Anothertime, I had a problem I uninstalled it and reinstalled the trackIR software.

But normally plug out, plug in does the trick.
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Actually, I did that in a session a few hours ago, still not perfect though.
    It did seem to work better so I'll try it again.
    "If a little is good, a lot must be better", the same philosophy I apply to setting up cars.